Stay

"Ay de mí llorona, llorona, llorona de azul celeste," lance sang to himself walking into his home as Keith was sleeping on the couch with blue laying with him as his pillow as lance carried their dinner.

Lance smiled softly setting the food on the table as he walked to Keith.

"Hey baby," lance cooed as he brushed Keith's hair from his face and kissed his forehead.

"Gotta wake up if you want egg rolls, I will eat them~" lance sang as he waited for Keith to wake up.

"No," he mumbled in his sleep.

"There's four, it's not doubtful," the Cuban smirked back. Lance got up and noticed Keith back to sleeping.

"Dammit... Keith wake up mi amor," lance shook his shoulder a little as his hand snakes down to his waist, he knelt back down and kissed Keith's cheek smiling and and kissed his nose but with that not working and Keith not stirring he kissed his neck instead.

Keith bolted immediately as he sat up with wide eyes.

"Whoa, Keith, you okay?" Lance was taken by surprise as Keith took a moment but ruffled his own hair as he blinked a few times.

"Sorry, caught me off guard," Keith coughed awkwardly turning to lance smiling a little as lance joined him on the couch. Lance pursed his lips as he realized he's never had to wake Keith up like that so he's never gotten that reaction.

But what krolia told him...

Lance felt his heart ache and couldn't help but picture Keith waking up like that alone with no one. He's always had no one.

But lance forced a smile to act like everything's okay. Cause things were okay, they weren't alone anymore, lance smiled more natural as he let that thought sink in. They were okay, he was okay and could mean it, but could keith?

Lance wrapped an arm around keith and pulled him close as keith was surprised by the sudden embrace but gently held lance as his tan nose was buried in his mullet.

"You okay lance?" Keith asked gently after a few seconds together and felt him nod.

"Wanna let go?" He asked again.

Lance shook his head.

"Did something happen..?" Keith ran his fingers through lances short ends.

"No, I'm just glad I have you," lance pulled away and held the side of Keith's face staring at his violet eyes.

Keith smiled up at him and blushed softly as he held lances hand to his cheek. Keith let out a comforting soft breath closing his eyes.

"I'm here," lance smirked seeing keith relaxed and comfortable.

"There's things you don't love about me," he leaned his head against lances shoulder.

"I know," lance held him close looking down at him.

"You know?" Keith laughed a little.

"No keith... I know," lance gulped as he sat up looking at lance confused.

"You...know?" Keith blinked confused.

"I know," lance pursed his thin lips as he stared at keith hoping he'd catch on. "I met your mom,"

Keith thought for a moment but his eyes slightly widened horrified hoping it's not what lance meant.

"Did she tell you anything..?"

"I know keith," lance nodded and Keith stood up needing space.

"And I don't care," he grabbed his wrist and stood up as well as keith had his hand over his mouth.

"Lance that's not something a boyfriend should ignore really," Keith gulped as he couldn't look at lance.

"I understand that's not something you were ready to tell me, but I know," lance brushed raven locks out of his pale face.

"Don't look at me with pity for it please... it was consented and I needed more money, at that time it was hard for a sophomore to get a job to be able to get some sort of apartment," Keith gulped as lance held his hand tightly.

"You were only a sophomore?" Lance whispered pulling him a step closer.

"I don't want you to look at me like that," Keith narrowed his eyes a little at him.

"I don't pity you, I do feel guilty... because I knew you at that time too, I saw you around the school, I'm so sorry for not being apart of your life sooner," lance felt his throat closing up little by little from each word he spoke.

"I know, but your here now," Keith offered a small smile seeing it upsetted lance in a different way than he expected.

"I'm never letting you go keith, I love you," lance nodded at the promise and Keith smiled leaning on his toes to kiss him softly.

"I'll tell you more of my life eventually, I promise, as long as you stay," Keith whispered.

They were silent for a while as lance watched keith like it was the last time he'll ever see him. He knew it wasn't, but he wanted to make sure he never forget how this boy, this man, this soldier he loves with everything he could; from how he started to know him, when it was suppose to be fake, to how now it was only real. This was a future he wanted.

Lance kissed his lips softly and Keith leaned into him. He pulled away as keith smiled shyly waiting for lance to say something, he always knew what to say to make him feel like he was on top of the world, like it was only them.

"The foods getting cold," lance smirked.