"It is useless. You are not in love. You are just blund and foolish." The man said hoarsely and tears filled her eyes at her father words. She can't denied that the words hurt her feelings. "There is no reason to plead. YOU ARE NOT MARRYING THAT BASTARD AND THAT IS FINALLY." Mr Joseph, her father scowled. He threw the newspaper he was reading on the center table very hard frightening her and her mother. Then he stood up and walked away angrily.

Toun turned to face her mother. She hold her hands. "Please mom, help me talk to dad. Nathaniel is the man I want to marry. I love him. I know you will understand me. I'm not being blinded. I love him. Can't you do this for me? Please." She asked almost in tears.

"I'm going to do anything for you but this I can't. Your father is right. That man is just using you for your money. He have nothing to offer you. I expect you to be more reasonable Toun. I'm disappointed. Very disappointed. That man is not good for you. Love someone else and I will support you. You will understand when you have your own children." She said and she stood up also and left her sad daughter. Toun shut her eyes as she weeped bitterly.

*****

"They refused. They won't support us" Toun said on the phone to Nathaniel. He could hear her voice was shaky and he knew she has been crying.

It hurt to hear her cry and it was worst because he is the reason she was crying. He really hoped her parent would agree.

"We can wait, maybe they will change their mind." He said trying to reassure her. He didn't believe his own words. He prayed she did not hear the doubt in his voice.

"It's never going to happen." She disagreed confidently.

"We can't tell." He said.

Toun shook her head as tears form a narrow path on her cheeks.

"They are my parents Nathan, I know them more than anyone. They will never agree. They have made up their mind." She said almost in a whispers.

Nathaniel could tell how heart broken she was. Her voice was sad and it was rare to hear Toun sad voice. She is a cheerful and happy person. People love her because she is always happy around everyone and she makes you smile.

Honestly, he saw her cheerful and happy face when she was talking with a complete stranger the day they came to write their post utme exam. He had been attracted to her smile and hope he could see that happy face again but here she is now....very sad and heartbroken all because of him.

He wished more than anything that he never enter her life. She deserves someone better.

But still, she had been one of the most happy thing that have happen in his life since he lost his father and younger sister. She meant the world to him and he hope he was born differently.

"I guess we have to take the hard choice." He said with so much sadness. "Let get married without them."

"Really?" She asked sounding surprise and at the same time with doubt.

"Yeah. Yes, I am sure. I'm tired of waiting." He said which was the truth. He had been patient waiting for the day her parent will accept him and it doesn't look like that day will ever come. And he wants her to be happy.

She smiled to herself as fresh tears rolled down her cheek. But it was tears of joy. Her dream was finally coming true. She will be a wife.

Nathaniel wife!

At last. She was finally going to get married. She was getting married to Nathaniel Adedotun Adeolu.

Her parents were the onky thibg hindering them but thank God he was finally getting married to her without their consent. And that made her so happy.

"Are you really sure about this?" She asked him. She don't want him to do anything that he might regret or be forced to do something just to make her happy.

"I'm sure. So Adetoun Elizabeth will you be my wife?" He asked.

She closed her eyes as the tears flowed down her eyes. She never expected in a thousand years that ger proposal would happen on the phone. But she was glad it was Nathaniel and that dhe wss finally going to marry him. And that is what matters. How he proposed doesn't matter to her at all. She had been waiting since forever to hear those words.

"Adetoun are you still there?" Nathaniel voice woke her from her thought.

"Yes, I am."

"And..."

She didn't let him finished before she answered. "Of course. I would be very proud to be your wife Nathaniel Adedotun Adeolu. Yes."

Nathaniel chuckled on the phone and they both laugh. They began to laughed.

"I would be proud to be Adetoun Adeolu." Toun said to him.

He smiled gratefully. "That is the most sweetest thing I have ever had. Thank you. I'm honored."

"You're welcome prince charming." She said. "You don't know how happy i am." She said, chuckling loudly.

Despite he was sad deep down, he was happy that she is happy. And he hope they won't regret their decision.