Prolouge

*play the song*

     "Wisdom is taught, you weren't born a God, Klein

     "Wisdom is taught, you weren't born a God, Klein." My father always tells me when I go in over my head, and since he's about 40 and has never gotten arrested a day in his life, is still married, devoted and faithful. And completely appalled at the lifestyle that I have chosen to live, I believe he's completely right. But you don't have to be righteous to have power, and you don't need to be old, and holy to intake the fruit of knowledge.

     Because I, Klein Masthers, has played the system too many times to actually obtain the sense that I am unable to act as a God.

   Right now it is 4:52 PM, the goods are coming in, which means it is time to weigh, bag, and prepare for take off. But before I could take part in such fun, Ronn called me in regards to a delay in our routine rendezvous. Conversation went a little like this.

  "What Ronn?" I spoke irritant, trying to focus on how the hell to change this kids clothes.

   "We've got a problem." Rolling my eyes and repositioning the phone between my ear, and my shoulder I began again.

    "Oh okay, so we've got a problem, are we trying to solve for x or y dumbass just tell me what the fuck is going on."

    "The truck filled with the goods, yeah it ain't here. Been waiting since 2:15. Our boy Hans didn't come through with the guns either, you think he's shooting for Vindango?" Picking up K.C, I pulled her close to my chest as I grabbed my car keys and raced out of the door.

   "That stupid little fuck! I told you Ronn that I didn't trust the bastard. I'm on my way."

   "With K.C?"

   "Yes with K.C, I don't exactly have the time to invest in babysitters. And I don't have the patience to walk them through, how bad I would hurt them if they ever thought of betraying me. So keeping my t's crossed and i's dotted, I'm just going to take care of my daughter by myself. It's not that hard."

   My parents wanted nothing to do with me, and If they knew I had her, they wouldn't want anything to do with K.C. "You're going to get yourself killed. You're a grown ass man Klein. I raised you better than this, a fucking drug dealer?

              You're going to have more blood on your hands than the Romans. You dumb little fuck. You were a fine boy, your mother and I raised you, in a good home.

    And you got into this shit? I'm going to pray to God above, that he watches over you. Because Klein these things don't end pleasantly, don't make me go through those phone calls, house visits and court dates.

      I ain't ever planned to attend my own son's funeral. I won't pull through, your mother will have a fucking heart attack dammit!

            You better hope to your heart beating in your chest, that your brother doesn't  fall behind you.