Wedding Dresses (Ace x Reader)

POOR ATTEMPT AT ANGST FORGIVE ME

---

         "Hey, Ace!"

         "Huh? What is it?" Ace asks as he turns to face his friend. Marco approaches and crosses his arms while looking around.

         "Have you seen (Y\N)? We're going to be heading out in an hour or two and no one's seen her since we docked..."

         "Really? Have you checked the parks?"

         "From the air," Marco admits as he places a hand on his hip. "I'd look more but I need to help Pops prepare for our next trip... You think you can do me a favor and look around?"

         "Yeah, it's no problem," Ace grins, happy to have an excuse to look for his favorite lady (Not that he's had to courage to tell her that, yet). With a nod Marco leaves, and Ace turns to look over the town. If she's not in a park avoiding people, then she has to be window shopping... Right? Deciding that's the best place to start, the boy runs down the street looking around.

---

         "Wedding dresses, huh?" You jump in shock before turning to face Ace, who merely looks at the dress in the window. "Why are you looking at these? I was sure those cool looking knives would be more your style."

         "Well..." you mumble with a deep blush. "I've always dreamed of walking down the isle... Wearing a pretty dress like this. It's silly, I know, but-"

         "You'd look really pretty walking in it," Ace mumbles, catching you off guard. The comment makes you look away quickly, and your heart hammers in your chest.

         "You think so?"

         "I know it." A smile works its way onto your lips before you look around.

         "So why were you looking for me, Ace?"

         "Oh! Right, we're leaving soon and Marco wanted me to look for you..."

         "Oh! Sorry, come on!"

         "Hey, (Y\N)?"

         "Yeah?"

         "I want to see you in a dress like this..."

         "I-I-"

         "But I want to see you when you're coming to meet me at the end." He smiles and takes your hand (admiring your blush in the process) before dragging you to the ship.

---

         "You know it's mean to tease a girl," you huff as you watch the sun set. "Don't tell someone you'll meet them with the Priest if you're not going to keep your word." The tears roll down your cheeks as you pick up a sake bottle. "Especially if you were going to die before that day could come." You stare at his gravestone, along with Pop's before a shaking sigh leaves your lips. "I suppose you'll have to make it up to me when I finally see you again, huh?"

         "(Y\N)?" Marco calls from the base of the hill, which makes you stand and dust off your white sundress.

         "I'm coming!" you call back before glancing back at the two graves. "I'll be back... Don't worry." With that you run down the hill to meet back up with your surviving brothers, leaving behind the graves of your Captain and your lover.