Rayleigh x Reader Part 2

You hide your disgust behind a kind smile as you watch your future husband gorge himself on the food in front of him. Now normally you could deal with a messy eater, but this spoiled brat of a prince has chunks of chicken in his hair. And, when a servant had tried to help him remove it, he slashed at her with his knife and threw out insults and cursed you could hardly stomach.

         Your brother had picked up on your discomfort and had given you an apologetic look, yet his eyes reminded you that you had no choice but to accept this. To accept this man as the one you'd have to spend your life with for the good of the kingdom.

         "Are you even listening to me? I'll have to train you not to space out," the prince huffs as he slams his fist down on the table in front of you. The noise makes you jump, and you send an "apologetic" look in your fiance's direction.

         "My apologizes, I... Was just thinking about our upcoming wedding." The lie seems to soothe him slightly as he leans back and burps, which sends a shiver of disgust down your spine.

         "I've also been thinking."

         "Oh? About what, may I ask?"

         "The honeymoon. Make sure you doll yourself up, am I clear?" God, this pig makes you want to vomit.

         "Of course," you smile, nails digging into your palms underneath the table. The brute of a prince returns to his meal and you can't help but get lost in thought yet again. This time, however, your thoughts center around the man who promised to meet you again. The Dark King, Silvers Rayleigh. The fact a notorious ex-pirate such as himself got into the ball is amazing (if not dangerous in hindsight), and your heart squeezes slightly. Your encounter with the man hadn't been long, however when you think back to it a warmth spreads throughout your body. It starts from the hip his hand was on, and trails up to the spot he kissed. Before you can fall deeper into your thoughts, you stand and give a bow.

         "Where do you think you're going?"

         "I have lessons I must attend to." Your brother opens his mouth to retort that, but eventually closes it. He must understand how much you hate this situation if he's not going to be your father's puppet for once in his life.

         "A woman has no need for such things."

         "Apologizes, but you see I enjoy the-"

         "I don't give a damn what you enjoy," the prince snarls. "The sooner you learn that the better."

         "My sister must leave," your brother states, "As this is something our father deems highly important. She is following the orders of the King." Seeing no real way to dispute against your brother, the prince waves his hand.

         "Fine, waste your time while you can. You won't be doing things like this once you come back to my kingdom anyways."

         "Thank you," you smile as you curtsy (fighting the urge to drop kick him through the wall). With that you take quick, brisk steps out of the parlor and down the halls. How did this bastard ever get the approval of your father? Just what did he bribe him with to win your hand in marriage, huh?! You shake your head to clear your thoughts before stepping outside to the gardens. Your eyes drift over the various flowers and you finally feel at peace; there's no royal duties here. Just you enjoying the silence.

         You walk deeper into the garden and enter the tall rose maze. You know these paths like the back of your hand, and occasionally you catch glimpses of you and your brother playing tag within the deeper parts of the labyrinth... Just what had changed? You shake your head and arrive at the gazebo in the center. It was here where you would spend your time reading stories of true love and adventure. Princesses and knights, and the trials evil witches would put them through. This was a place of childhood joy, so why does it feel so somber now?

         "Miss?" a voice, a familiar one, cuts in. It's followed by the feeling of someone's (firm) chest against your back as their arm wraps around your waist. "You were up in the stars yet again, Princess (Y\N)," Rayleigh whispers by your ear, and your hair stands on end.

         "Y-You," you whisper, not trusting your voice (and not wanting to give away how he's affecting you). "Why are... Why..."  

         "Why? Use your words, my Dear," he chides playfully, sliding his hand down your side and to your hip.

         "Why are... Why are you here?" The Dark King spins you and presses your back against the gazebo before pressing against you.

         "Did you forget my promise, Princess?"

         "No..."

         "Then what do you truly wish to ask?"

         "Why?" The man hums, indicating he's not pleased with your question quite yet. "Why did you wish to meet again?"

         "You're very valuable, My Dear." Oh. He's here to get ransom. Great. Perfect. You can't blame him, though... He WAS a pirate after all.

         "The guards patrol in a way that's make it difficult for you to kidnap me," you mumble quietly. "A man like you must be able to use Conqueror's Haki, yes, but if guards stop responding everyone will go on high alert. Is the ransom truly worth it?" The man blinks, and you're shocked that he didn't think about that.

         "Ransom? Why would I be interested in that?" Okay... Now it's your turn to send him a confused look. "I'm here for a rare treasure, unless you'd like to stay and marry that filthy brat in the parlor." Your eyes trail to the castle, and a frown makes it's way onto your lips.

         "You could... Get me away from him?"

         "From all of it," Rayleigh promises. He tilts your head up and leans close. "For a price, of course."

         "What's your price?" His thumb runs over your lip and he gives a low chuckle.

         "You stay with me."

         "Is that... All?" God, that's certainly no big price.

         "Indeed. So, Princess, what do you think?" You glance back at the castle again before biting your lip and looking at him.

         "I'll stay by your side," you promise in a whisper, which makes him smirk.

         "A fine choice, (Y\N)." With that he captures your lips with his own and picks you up, making you squeak into the kiss and cling to him. When he pulls away he laughs and sends you a wide grin. 

         "Cute noises like that will only make me want to charge you a higher price."

         "Like...?"

         "Like hearing you scream my name." Your face burns and you hide against him, making him laugh more and carry you in the direction of his ship. You glance back at the kingdom, and for a moment you're sure you saw your brother in the labyrinth with a smile on his face... You don't have time to figure out if you imaged him or not as Rayleigh jumps down towards his ship. Well, starting today your life is in your own hands... And who needs a knight when you have a King?