Tricks (Luffy x Reader)

So uh... Some violence towards children in this one... Maybe more than some, the more I think about it? Also Marco deserves an award.

---

Prompt Sixteen: Tricks

---

"Where is he?" you ask for the fifth time in the past ten minutes. Your big brothers, Thatch and Marco, groan before ruffling your hair (nearly knocking over your crown in the process).

"I know you're excited to see your boyfriend," Thatch teases, laughing at the bright blush that grows on your cheeks. "But you gotta calm down."

"H-He's not my boyfriend!" you squeak, making them laugh.

"Whatever you say, (N\N)," Marco smirks before spotting someone familiar. "Oi! Ace! Over here!"

"Hey, sorry we're so late!" Ace grins as he drags Luffy alongside him. Said boy, your best friend, waves at you happily.

"(Y\N)! You ready to get candy?"

"Of course!" You laugh as you run over to greet the two of them (Well, one of them at the very least). While the two of you talk, you're unaware of your older brothers whispering back and forth.

"Luffy was going on and on about keeping his little girlfriend waiting..."

"God, (Y\N) didn't shut up about him."

"I think they'll make a happy couple."

"A cute one, too." As you and Luffy look back at your brothers curiously, they grin and wave their hands.

"Ready for Trick-or-Treating?"

"Let's go!"

---

"Looks like we wandered too far," you mumble as you allow Luffy to tug you to the next house. The two of you had lost your brothers quite some time ago, but the little pirate was set on continuing the fun (Which you had agreed with until the streets started to become empty). "Where are we? I've never been on this side of town before..."

"Don't worry, we'll be fine!" Luffy laughs as the two of you approach a rather rundown looking house. The name on the mailbox reads "Teach", though it's kinda scratched out... As Luffy raises his hand to knock, the door opens revealing a big man (kinda hairy, and he smells really gross). "Trick or treat!" Luffy laughs as the man looks down at you.

"Zehahahaha! What do we have here? A pirate and a princess?"

"Yep!" Luffy grins as the man kneels down to your height. You shuffle and look at the ground; something about him makes you uncomfortable.

"And you two are trick or treating? With no one to look after you?"

"Our brothers are around, they're just calling our parents to let them know how everything's going," you lie. The thought of telling this man that you're alone leaves a gross taste in your mouth.

"What? I thought we left them..?" Luffy asks as he looks back at the street.

"So you tried to lie, little girl?"

"My parents told me to never admit to being alone," you admit quietly, which makes the man laugh.

"You're a smart one," he nods before grabbing the candy. "Now scram!" With that he slams the door in your faces, which makes Luffy shout and kick the door.