Spiders (Coby x Reader)

Sorry this one's really short, work's a bitch that doesn't give me time to write...

---

Prompt Fifteen: Spiders

---

         It's difficult working two jobs, even if one's only part-time. This is something that Coby's learned well in the past few months. Monday through Friday he serves his time with the marines, and every Friday and Saturday he does an overnight shift in a warehouse... Whoever decided that Mondays suck have never dealt with the bullshit he deals with on Fridays... Why the hell is he even doing this to himself?

         Coby groans as he falls onto his couch; finally it's time to get that sweet, sweet sleep. That is, until he hears the scream from the bathroom. In seconds the young marine is on his feet and down the hallway. The first thing he sees as he arrives on the scene is his girlfriend pointing a bottle of shampoo at the room. She's hardly dressed, which would imply that she was going to try and bathe.

         "(Y\N)? What's wrong?" Coby asks as he kneels down. he looks around before spotting it... Of fucking course.

         "Coby, it started failing while I was about to climb in!" his girlfriend cries; curse her phobia of the eight-legged insects (Arachnids, Coby reminds himself)...

         "(Y\N), it's-"

         "Don't you dare!" she huffs, only to scream as the spider hauls ass towards her and only her. "NO, NO, DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE!" she shrieks while quickly crawling away (giving Coby quite a nice view and a nosebleed in the process). And, as luck would have it, the tiny black bug runs around the corner and continues to chase her.

         "It's more scared of you than you are of it!" Coby calls as he sits down. He listens as he hears cursing followed by crashing.

         "Eat a dick!"

         "Come on, (Y\N)," Coby whines as you wipes at the blood and stands. We wanders over and chuckles when he spots his girlfriend sitting on the counter. "You know they can cli-"

         "FUCK!" (Y\N) shrieks as it runs up the cabinets towards her. She leaps across the kitchen before nearly knocking the poor marine over. "Coby, please kill it!" she whines while peeking out from behind him.

         "All it's doing is existing; you're the one over reacting..."

         "Then... Then..." Coby sighs before walking to the spider and offering his hand. He chuckles as it climbs on, as calm as can be.

         "I'm gonna throw it at you."

         "Don't you dare!" (Y\N) shrieks as she runs into the bathroom. Coby chuckles and walks to the window before releasing the arachnid.

         "Sorry little guy, but you need to stay out there," Coby mumbles with a yawn. Why is he working so many hours? As he hears the shower turn on, (Y\N) begins to hum (the noise may be muffled but it's still music to the marine's ears). Ah yes, that's why. So he can put a ring on that crybaby's finger, and to make sure he's the only one who saves her from spiders until death do them part.

         "Coby?" (Y\N)'s muffled voice calls from the bathroom.

         "Yes?"

         "I love you!" Coby smiles before glancing at the spider, which is now sitting with another one. A small smile grows on his face as he sighs.

"I love you, too!"