Happy Birthday Sanji

Happy birthday to the pirate one!

---

         "You're kidding."

         "I'm not."

         "He... Told you it was a good confession?"

         "Yes."

         "And that it'd work on whoever you're trying to win?"

         "Fucking yep."

         "...How god damn stupid can he be?" Nami asks, watching as you slowly lay down on the floor. She takes a seat on her bed and watches you closely.

         "Listen, I should have known it wouldn't work... Any of it," you sigh, sliding a hand down your face. "I'm not even the type of girl he likes."

         "(Y\N), Sanji likes nearly every woman... Save for the older ones," she states. "He's just an idiot."

         "Yeah, well I don't wanna put my heart on the line twice..." You grumble glancing at the navigator. "And lets say it DOES magically work out... He'd still-"

         "I'm cutting you off there," Nami huffs, "Sanji's a pervert but he's not a scumbag. He's not going to cheat on someone because he can't control his dick or whatever." You sigh and look up at the ceiling, and Nami gives you an apologetic smile.

         "Try one more time, (Y\N). You'll regret it if you don't."

         "Fine," You agree quietly, "But clearly I'm doing something wrong..."

         "Maybe be a little more direct?"

         "I feel like, 'Hey I really care about you in a way that's more than friends and I'd like to know how you feel about me' is direct enough..." Nami leans back and thinks it over before sighing.

         "Well, good luck to you, then."

---

         Okay. Be direct. Make sure there is no room for doubts, because clearly in the past 33 times you've tried to confess he's had doubts. Well... Not this time. You huff as you climb onto the roof of the building and look around. Spotting the object of your affections, you cup your hands by your mouth.

         "Oi! Sanji!" The love-cook jumps and looks around before his eyes settle on your form.

         "(Y-Y\N)-swan, you shouldn't be up there! Don't worry, your prince can rescue-"

         "Listen up you spiral-browed jackass," you shout, placing your hands on your hips. "I've tried 33 god damn times to make you understand but you won't get it through that thick head of yours!" At this the cook stops, and looks very confused. "You are, without a single fucking doubt, the best person I've met! You're funny and caring and hell you have cool knife tricks you do when you think no one is watching... You help even the people who wronged you and even if you won't admit it you'd do everything in your god damn power to protect every fucking one of us on the crew!"

         "(Y\N)-Swan, I appreciate the compliments-"

         "Not done, Love Cook!" you hiss, effectively making him stop and listen to the rest. "You're just too much and I can't stand how you don't understand how I feel! I have straight up told you I want to be more than friends and it still went right over your head! Do you not understand? Are you trying to get me to move on so you don't have to reject me? Come on, what is it?!"

         "I-"

         "God damn it," you curse, sliding a hand down your face. "I just want to hold that stupid, handsome face of yours and kiss you all over but you write off every confession as a simple compliment or practice and my fucking word Sanji you are the most infuriating idiot I've ever loved!" you huff, hands balling at your sides. As you try and think of what else to say, your mind blanks and you run a hand through your hair. Talk about an aggressive and direct confession.

         "(Y\N)," Sanji whispers as he jumps up to the spot you're standing. He takes your hand in his and gently tilts your head up to look at him. He runs a thumb over the blush on your cheeks before smiling softly. "Is what you said true?"

         "Do I have to try a 35th time?" you ask, eyebrow twitching. If he seriously has doubts after that, then clearly he's had far too much head trauma.

         "No, I wanted to make sure before I did this," he whispers before leaning down and capturing your lips in a gentle kiss. Your face becomes warmer, and when Sanji moves to pull away you double fist his jacket and pull him closer. Like hell you're letting this end so soon. Once satisfied you pull back and watch as a stupid (and fucking adorable) smile grows on his face.

         "What?"

         "My adorable (Y\N), my sweet goddess," he gushes before picking you up and spinning you. "I'm never going to forget those cute words as long as I live!" he laughs before smiling up at you. "I'm sorry it took you so many tries to get your point across," he hums. "May I return the favor?"

         "I guess you can," you mumble before bringing a hand up to his cheek. "And it's okay so long as you know now." Sanji grins before hopping down and grabbing his bag from the vendor (who gives a confused congratulations to the two of you). Once he has everything around his shoulder, he begins carrying you towards the ship.

         "Sanji?"

         "No one's aboard, and I want to make sure you know just how much I care," Sanji says quietly. Your face burns when you see the glint in his eyes, and you nod slowly.

         "O-Okay." And with that Sanji brings you aboard the ship and into the kitchen to make you all sorts of treats to express his adoration.