"Am I, Mae? I just want him to be happy with his life."

She shakes her head and sighs. "Looks like you can be stupid too."

"What?"

"You don't get this, do you?"

I tilt my head. Don't I? What's not to understand here?

"You are being unfair because instead of talking to him, you already have decided for the both of you without even telling him your problem. Oon, in a relationship, you should not only be trusting and loyal. Learn to communicate with each other so talk to him. If you don't want to have a relationship with him anymore, tell him the truth."

The thought of having to break up with him brings a searing pain to my heart. I feel my throat constricting and almost immediately, I feel my tears again.

I draw a deep breath to control my tears.

"Oon," Mae wipes my tears away. "Promise me you'll talk to him."

"O-okay."

/

The ties were black, the lies were white
And shades of grey in candlelight
I wanted to leave him
I needed a reason

Since I have promised my Mae that I would talk to Kong, she literally pushed me inside Kong's room until I sat on the bed and so I am currently sitting on my boyfriend's bed waiting for Kongpob with bated breath.

I'm afraid what would he say to me when he sees me again after a week of hiding from him. Would he push me away? Kick me out? Slap me? Punch me? Yeah, well I probably deserve it. I'm honestly expecting it but what I don't want to see is when he looks at me with abhorrence in his eyes directed at me.

Maybe I'm selfish but I don't want him to hate me. I want him to still look at me with love... but what if he fell out of loving me because I'm such a brat suddenly ignoring him?! Goodness fuck. I can't take that.

I huff and shake out my thoughts.

I roam my eyes around his room trying to busy myself and when my eyes landed on his collection, I smile. I will miss him so much.

"P'Arthit."

I smile and stand up to walk up to him. "Kong." I whisper.

X marks the spot, where we fell apart
He poisoned the well, I was lyin' to myself

We remain to stare at each other, I'm a little happy he doesn't hate me from the looks from his eyes but his expression is still vague to me. I don't know what is swirling in his mind but I wish I knew, is the cursing me now?

"P', are you ready to talk now?"

I hold his hand and caress the back of it with my thumb. "Can we sit for a while Kong?"

"Sure P'."

Earlier, I had promised Mae that I'd tell everything to Kong but now we're here, sitting, our labored breathing reverberating in the silence of the room- I realized, I don't have the courage to do it anymore, to tell him everything so I pull him towards me and kiss him instead.

I smile against his lips when I feel him kissing me back, I thought that was okay, that he wouldn't ask me anymore but who am I kidding? Of course, this will never be enough for him.

He pushes me away. "Okay, I really love you kissing me but what the fuck? You can't just do that after literally hiding from me for a week. P', shouldn't we talk about what the fuck is happening first?"