17. that kissing couple

Nash's pov

(Picture of Wild Horse Saloon inserted)

About an hour after we got there, Anna, Cam, Matt and I ended up at a table with a few beers. We had kind of given up on finding something, and were gonna wait for them to send us something. Matt wasn't drinking at all and I was drinking a bit, but Anna and Cam had already had at least 4 beers each.

"I'm gonna go try to find Hayes and Sophia. I haven't seen them in a while." I announce.

"I'll go with you." Matt stands up.

"So you and Anna, how serious is that? How long have you guys been togehter?" asks Matt as we weave through crowds of people.

"Uh, I guess it's pretty serious. We've been together for almost 6 months now." I reply, looking up and spotting Hayes and Sophia sitting at a table on the third floor.

"They're up there c'mon." I telll Matt, and we climb up the stiars and go over to them.

"Hey guys." I say.

"Hi." Sophia smiles, taking a sip of what looked like lemonade.

"Have you guys found anything? We haven't." Hayes inquires.

"No, we were coming to see if maybe you had." Matt answers.

"Oh."

"Where's Anna?" Sophia asks.

"Bak at our table with Cameron. Come sit with us." I command.

They follow us back to our table on the second floor.

"Where's the table?" Hayes asks.

"Right behind that kissing couple right there." Matt points.

"Matt," Sophia starts, "that kissing couple is Anna and Cam."

My heart literally drops to the floor.

"Nash?" Hayes prods. "Are you ok?"

"What the hell is going on?" I storm over and yell at them a bit too loudly.

They both pull away and look at me in utter confusion, but I quickly see that what had just happened was registering through Anna's drunk little brain.

"Nash, I can explain." Anna stands up.

"Oh, please do." I roll my eyes.

Hayes, Matt, and Sophia watch from about 6 feet behind us.

"Uh..." she tries to think of a good excuse.

"That's what I thought." I turn around and quickly make my way to the third floor, sitting at one of the tables that on looked the entire place.

"Hey." I hear a small voice behind me after a few minutes. I look next to me and see that Sophia has sat down.

"Hi." I barely reply.

"I know what it feels like, you know."

"Like what feels like?"

"Being cheated on." She casually says. "It sucks, I know."

"Where exactly is this going?" It wasn't exactly the kind of pep talk that I was looking for.

"Anna feels really bad, you know." She doesn't answer my question.

"Oh yeah, it looked like she felt real terrible back there."

"She really does, Nash."

"I know that she's your sister and all, but I'm not apologizing for being angry at her." I decide. That's the right thing to do, right?

"I know, but you should at least hear her side of the story." Sophia sighs.

We sit in silence for a few minutes before she gets up and walks away.

Should I listen to her? If I don't listen, then I'll never know what happened.

But do I really wanna know what happened? I mean seriously, my best friend? That's low.

"Nash." Someone interrupts my thoughts. I look over and see Sophia's spot has been filled by Cam.

"What do you want?" I spit.

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah, well sorry don't turn back time."

"It's my fault. I came onto her, and took advantage of her being drunk. Please don't blame her." He begs.

"She still didn't try to stop you."

"Yes she did. But I didn't listen, and that's when you showed up." He confesses.

"thanks for telling me."

"yeah." He looks at me to see if I had something else to say, but got up and left when I didn't.

I sat there for I'm not even sure how much longer, but eventually Hayes came up next to me.

"Hey, we found the clue, lets go." He says. "Everyones waiting outside."

I nod, and we proceed downstairs.

"So, whats going on? Do you forgive them?" he asks.

"I don't know." I decide.

We get outside, and I spot the group. Sophia and Matt are talking, Cam is on his phone, and Anna is standing by herself, trying to keep her skirt from billowing up in the wind.

"Here it is." Sophia holds up an envelope.

"What's it say?" I ask.

"We haven't opened it yet." Anna quietly says.

"Oh. Lets head back to the hotel."

~&~

After walking back in what felt like complete silence besides Hayes and Sophia whispering stuff to each other, Anna and I stood outside our room, trying to decide who's going in and who's sleeping somewhere else. More like awkwardly staring at each other and then the door.

"Nash, please listen to me." Anna breaks the silence.

I stay silent.

"I'm sorry." She says quietly.

"I understand that you're sorry, but I don't really know how to handle this situation." I finally say.

"Yeah..."

"I think we should take a break." I say rather quickly, then open the door to the room and enter.

"What?" She follows me.

"You heard me. You can stay in here, but we are sleeping in separate beds. As of now, you are no longer my girlfriend." I sit down on one bed.

"Nash, I don't think you understand what you are doing." It sounds like she's holding back tears.

Truthfully, I am too.

"I do." I change into sweatpants and no shirt with her still standing there.

"Goodnight, Anna." I coldly say, climbing into bed and turning out the lights.

I lay in silence, listening to her go into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

Once she was in the other bed, I let the tears run silently down my face.

Hello little children how are you today

wtf is wrong with me lol

I can't decide if I want Anna and Nash together or Anna and Cam together *sigh*

Anyways thanks again for 200!! Maybe we can hit 300 sometime soon?

-L