03. Lets film a video

*Sophia's pov*

*2 weeks later on Friday*

So it's been about 2 weeks since Hayes got here. He fits in well with my group of friends, and I'm really excited to get to know him. I was just about to walk into the cafeteria for lunch, when it got a text from an unknown number. I'm pretty sure the rest of the school got it too, because all at once you heard the sounds of various phones going off.

unknown: is #sayes for real? Looks like S and H really hit it off...but is it for all the right reasons?

And then they inserted a picture of Hayes and I sitting in the courtyard together, laughing about something funny that he probably said.

I could feel the eyes of everyone in the hallway traveling to me, and I rolled my eyes and entered the cafeteria.

"Look who decided to join us" Emma says as I sit in my normal spot between her and Hayes.

"Why does her royal highness decide to grace us with her appearance on this fine day of hell slash school?" Liz inputs.

"Nice to see you guys too." I laugh.

"How has everyone's day been?" Matt rests his elbows on the table and puts his chin in his hands. He starts to flutter his eyelids, to make us laugh, and of course he succeeds.

"It's been just dandy, thank you so much for asking,dear." Hayes responds like an old lady. It blew my mind how quickly he fit in.

We all start laughing.

"Ok, so who wants to come over later? I've got volleyball practice til like 5, so maybe come over around 5:30?" I asked. They all quickly agreed. We loved spending time together.

The end of lunch rang, and we all proceeded to our next class. Liz and I walked together to our next class.

"So you and Hayes, what's going on there?" Liz raises her eyebrows.

"What?" I quickly reply.

"It's like,totally obvious you like each other."

"No. Nonono. We are friends, and nothing more." I say.

"Suuuuuure. Friends with benefits, that is." Liz mutters. I pretty much choked on air.

"Absolutely not."

"Uh huh, ok, whatever floats your boat." Liz laughs.

"You are such a pest." I smile as we sit down in class.

"Girls, stop,talking and complete the warm up." The teacher scolds us. We silently giggle, and stop talking.

~&~

I got home that day around 3:15, and changed from my tribal print cardigan, black cami, red jeans, and black uggs to an endurance volleyball tshirt, spandex shorts, and my volleyball shoes. I tied my hair up in a ponytail, and went downstairs for a snack.

"Hey mom." I greeted her as I came downstairs.

"Hey sweetie." She set her laptop on the couch and followed me to the kitchen.

I grab an apple out of a bowl on the counter, and run it under the sink water for a few seconds before taking a bite of it. "Emma, Liz, Hayes, Alex, Matt, and Sean are gonna come over later."

"Ok sweetie." Mom smiles.

Ever since the incident with Jacob, I had been really sad. Just like moapy, depressed, and a bit antisocial. But then Hayes came, and he puts this trance over me. I'm happy, pretty much all the time, and looking into his eyes makes me want to cuddle up next to him. Wait, hold up, what? Do I have feelings for Hayes?