07. the smile

*Sophia's pov*

I watched Hayes leave my house, and tried to find the words to say to mom and Anna.

"So are you Hayes together now?" Anna asks.

"Yeah." I smile, sitting back down in the couch.

"Good. You guys are so cute together." My mom says. I feel myself turning red.

"What time is it?" I ask mom.

"3:30." She replies, looking at her phone.

"Can I see if Emma and Liz wanna come over?" I needed some girl time.

"Sure sweetie."

I grab my phone and go to my group conversation with Emma and Liz.

Me:you guys wanna come over? No boys allowed

Emma:I could go for some girl time. Be there soon

Liz:yesssss I'll be there in a few.

I smile at my phone, and then race upstairs. I throw my hair into a braid, then bring Hayes and i's breakfast dishes to the kitchen. I sit on one of the breakfast bar stools while waiting for Liz and mr and scroll through twitter. A tweet from Hayes catches my eyes. He tweeted it 18 hours ago.

@HayesGrier: you are so beautiful. I love you way too much to ever let anything bad happen to you.

18 hours ago? He must have tweeted that while I was asleep. I tweeted something, and A small smile creeps onto my face as I hear the doorbell ring. I throw open the door to reveal Emma and Liz. We head up to the lounge.

"I've got to tell you something." I say.

"Yeah?" Emma replies.

"Hayes and I kissed."

"What?" They scream.

"And he asked me to be his girlfriend!"

"Really?" They once again scream. I nod.

"Oh my god!" Liz exclaims.

"Seriously, I was expecting this to happen like two weeks ago. There is some obvious chemistry between you two." Emma rolls her eyes. I start giggling.

"Wait hold up, why did he decide to do this now?" Liz asks.

"Uh..." I start, then explained all the details from last night. What Jacob said to me, how Hayes found me about to cut again, how he laid down with me and we fell asleep, breakfast in bed, editing the new video, and what happened on the couch.

"Damn, your life has more drama than an episode of The Fosters." Emma jokes. Liz and I laugh along.

"Soph?" Liz asks.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Are you...are you happy?" She looks at me. It's good to know that my friends want the best for me.

"Yeah," I reply, "I'm the happiest I've been in a long time."

*Hayes pov*

I got home and plopped down on the couch. I was in this happy trance, like I just had this huge smile plastered on my face.

"Hayes?" Mom asks, entering the living room.

"Yeah?" I look up at her.

"Your smile is kinda freaking me out, what's going on?" She asks, sitting next to me.

"I asked out Sophia." I go back into my trance.

"Oh." She sits and thinks for a minute. "I'll go get Nash." She goes upstairs, and I go on my phone. I scroll through twitter, and see Sophia tweeted.