Chapter 6: Which side of the coin are you?

Start from the beginning

-P.O.L:ORIGINS-

"I can't believe you played me like that." Bob said, as he walked through the streets, with Liz by his side. The blonde just smirked.

"You played yourself." Liz said, placing both hands on her hips, before leaning to the side to meet his eyes. "You dragged me out to talk about something I don't want to talk about. So, that's what you get."

"What a difficult child." He muttered as he rubbed his neck. "Look, it's not like I've learned much anyway. I just think that you should know even the smallest bits about yourself."

"I know enough." Liz said, shoving her hands into her pockets. She stared around, looking at the people in the streets, too busy with her own lives to look at anything but the road before them.

"Oh, is that so?" The author said, feeling somewhat annoyed. "Then, why are you here?"

"I was bored." She said, and he just rubbed his temples, starting to wonder why he even bothered with this. "Besides, there's something I'm still curious about. How do you know Jack and Romeo? You look like a rather... respectable member of society."

"And what does that make you?"

"A recipe for disaster in society." She said, grinning, and that made the author smile in return.

"Would that convince you to hear me out?"

"We'll see." The blonde answered, too curious to hear about the story to refuse.

-P.O.L:Origins-

Nosaru stood in her father's office, arms crossed, and gaze fixed on the antique furniture. It's been a few days since she brought back both the illusionist and the device. Aiko was given the task to inspect it.

The blue haired girl thought that it would end at that, but here she was, listening to her sister rambling to her and their father about it. She was -unfortunately- mesmerized by the device.

"Am I really needed here?" She asked after letting out a sigh, receiving a bewildered look from her sister.

"How can you not be interested in this thing?" Aiko asked as she almost shoved the device into Nosaru's face, who took a step back out of worry. "It contains a huge amount of energy, right in the crystal! It's powered up! Can't you see it?" She noticed her younger sister's glare. "Oh right! You can't. That's my power."

"Aiko. We've already been through this. You told me that you wanted to talk about it." Hiroshi said as he rubbed his temple, looking as annoyed as his youngest daughter. "You still haven't told me anything."

"Oh! Sorry! You see the crystal here?" She eagerly pointed at it. "It absorbs energy from the demons' blood, and from what I can gather, this type of crystals could be used as converters." She explained with a huge smile.

"Adaptable to humans?" Nosaru asked. "How does that work?"

"The crystal needs to absorb Penergy too." Aiko said, she casually moved the hand that held the device, much to the other's two's concern of her dropping it, and rested her free one on her hip. "The blood sample that Nosaru brought definitely belongs to a half demon. It's perfect to convert to fit humans." She said, her smile dropping for a moment, as she watched the news sink into her father's mind.

Hirsohi sighed. "We need to get rid of this."

"We can't! Can you imagine how useful this could be?" The oldest sister argued.

"Aiko, that blood can be dangerous." Nosaru intervened. "If someone uses it..."

"Demons have great healing powers! Imagine if we could use them! Many lives could be saved!" Aiko stated, and brought her hand to her chest. "Our mother's life could have been saved if we had this!"