Chapter 3: Roots

"So, you're telling me, that your friend has a collection of illegal books..." Liz crossed her arms and stared at building in front of them. "...and yet he hides them in a library." She then looked at him with a skeptical expression that made him chuckle.

"What a genius, right?" Romeo smiled before walking to the door and pushing it open. The blonde looked at the sign 'library' once again, before deciding to follow him and see what they could find.

They were met with the sight of multiple book shelves and a young man arranging some of them. The place looked plain, which disappointed her. However, Liz had a liking for books, so she decided to sneak and walk around the shelves in hopes to find an interesting book to read, while leaving the talking to Romeo.

The worker had long hair that was tied in a braid. His expressions were soft and he seemed welcoming. Upon noticing the guest, he turned with a smile.

"How can I help you?" He asked, and Romeo proudly fixed his hat, because what's better than telling someone that you are his boss' friend.

"We're looking for Bob-"

Romeo didn't even get to finish his sentence before a wave of strong wind hit him. Liz who was inspecting the book, summoned her scythe and attached the blade to the floor. Romeo used the shelves to keep himself from flying, and fortunately, Liz was close enough to reach for him and grip his hand.

"This is what you meant by he doesn't like visitors?" Liz asked loudly.

"Yup! You see... we might have parted on bad terms!" He answered with a guilty smile, and Liz just looked at him, unimpressed. He jumped into his shadow and headed behind the guy before appearing again. "I know you guys are being extra careful, but can't you chill? I'm friends with Bob."

"Last time someone called him by his name, they tried to murder us, so excuse my behavior, sir." The guy said politely before punching his fist into the void creating another air wave.

Romeo avoided the attack and with a swift movement he came to his side and gripped his arm. "Can't we settle things in a peaceful manner...uh...? I'm sorry, what's your name?"

"My name is Feng, sir." Feng answered and tried to attack him with his other arm but the thief removed his hat and stuck it into the wind user's face to mislead his aim.

"Liz! Can you help me here?" He called to his partner.

Liz stood in a corner reading some old. "I'm afraid I can't. This book is too interesting."

Feng escaped from his grip and took the book from her hands. "I'm sorry miss, but I am afraid that you cannot read this book. It's for adults."

"But I was getting to the good part." She complained before taking another book.

"I am afraid you two should leave." He said before moving his hands in circles and creating a small tornado that caught everything including them.

"Can I just cut him?" Liz asked while Romeo just groaned before disappearing and appearing from Feng's shadow.

He pushed him into one of the shelves and put his hat on again. "I came here for some information and I am feeling very offended!"

The building's door opened, and a man in a black suit walked it. He stared at the mess before rubbing his temple and glaring at them.

"Oh, it's you." He glared at Romeo who just laughed nervously.

"Bob! How are you?" He asked, but the man walked past him.

"The author thinks that you should call him the author instead of Bob." Bob said in a dangerously low voice.

"But you're not an author..." Romeo said, confused.