Chapter 14: The alliance

It was yet another day in Aether, one where everything was at peace and Liz could do whatever she wanted. And so she did.

She inspected the small rocks in her hand, then looked at her target. Tara's eyes focused on the same target. They shared a look of determination and nodded before throwing them with full force at Jun, hitting him on the head and knocking him out.

"Ah, he went down faster than I thought." Liz voiced her disappointment then patted her friend on the back. "That was great aiming, Terra!"

"Thanks! You too!" Tara said with a shy smile. "It's Tara actually..." She corrected, but Liz didn't seem to listen, so she sighed.

Aiko and Nosaru were sitting at a table in the cafeteria, watching them. Aiko was amused while her sister was distracted. The younger Akina rested her face on her palm.

"I wanted to punish that idiot but it looks like your friends are taking care of him." Aiko said then took a sip from her coffee.

"They're not my friends." Nosaru stated, absentmindedly.

"Then why are you staring at them so fondly?" Aiko asked, her sister looked at her, slightly offended by her claim. She opened her mouth to argue but Aiko beat her to it. "I know you more than anyone. You get attached to people easily." She said before whispering the last part. "And you're also a big softie."

Nosaru resisted the urge to slam her face on the table, and rolled her eyes instead. "Are you done with your daily teasing?"

"Nope!" The older sister said with a big grin. Her smile faded, and she leaned closer to her. "Look, I know you're keeping your distance to protect yourself, but you don't have to."

The younger sister sighed, and chose not to respond to her words.

She then noticed three figures walking in, and her eyes widened in surprise. The three who stood there were the end, copycat, and Malik.

Liz happened to spot them as well, and while she shared the same look of shock as her partner, it was replaced by a smile.

"Attention people! We have arrived! I am the end!" The end introduced himself, lowering himself to one knee and raising his arms up. Copycat was still standing, but he was leaning to the left on his knee, one arm raised up while the other was pointed towards their third member.

"I am Copy Cat! And this is-"

"MALIK!" Malik interrupted him and looked away in embarrassment. He didn't bother to make a pose, just stood there with a slouch and a frown that seemed like it could be his default expression.

Liz grinned at the sight and approached them. "Endy! Kitty! Madoka! What are you doing here?"

"MADOKA?!" Malik's eyes shot wide and he was about to argue with whoever called him that, until he saw who was in front of him. He took a step back, hiding behind copycat. "We just introduced ourselves! How can you make such a mistake?" He muttered.

The blonde stared at him for a moment before talking again. "So, Madoka, what's up?"

Malik wished he could die and save himself from this torture.

"Mr.Hiroshi said he'd overlook our crimes if we work here." The End explained.

"We'll have to work for free, or he'll throw us in jail." Malik added, frowning at the lack of options.

"And we get free food!" Copy cat jumped in excitement much to Malik's dismay.

"Of course he would do that..." Nosaru sighed, rubbing her temples. She couldn't never understand what her father was thinking, and at this point she was too tired to try.