Chapter 6: Which side of the coin are you?

The days have been a blur lately. Liz couldn't get herself to work on anything, and she trusted her companions to take care of any job that would come their way. They were more than capable.

She was cleaning the pendant with a small white cloth. She did this for a while, despite the fact that it was shiny after the first few wipes. She sighed, and put the cloth away, before putting the object inside her drawer.

She had no idea what to do, so she just stared at the window, trying to focus on anything. She tried counting the number of the cars in the street, but her mind still went back to that day.

The memory of the illusionist flashed before her eyes for a moment, and she quickly grabbed her arm, tightening her grip on it.

There were no veins.

"Are you going to mop again all day?" Romeo peeked from behind the door, looking worried. The girl hasn't said anything, nor did she ask him to leave, so he slowly pushed it open and walked in. "You could go on a job with me to clear your mind."

"Leave her alone Romeo." Jack walked by, stopping at the door. His eyes travelled from Romeo's eye catching hat, to Liz's sulking form. "She doesn't have to do any jobs. I would even prefer it if she stopped being a mercenary at all."

Romeo's eyes widened, while the blonde tensed.

They both looked at him in surprise.

"Come on Jack, I'm being serious."

"So am I." The old man simply said. "You don't have to follow in my footsteps. I never forced you to." He added, before going to the living room, leaving the two both surprised and confused.

"What's his deal?" The orange haired man asked, before looking back at the blonde. "I bought you some food since it lifts you up when you're like this." He said with a smile. "So, how about you sulk in the other room instead? Change the scenery."

Liz just rolled her eyes and stood up.

"Sure, mom."

So, Liz found herself chewing on a hamburger while watching a black and white movie with Jack. The man hasn't said much, and gave all his attention to the T.V.

She had to admit that watching this was more interesting than staring at the same pendant for hours.

There was knocking on the door, and that caught Jack's attention. He looked wary, but still moved to open the door. He looked in surprise, as a young man stood at the door, with a small smile on his face.

It was Bob.

"Bob? I haven't seen you in forever." Jack said, as he moved away to let the man walk in. "Or, do you go by the author now?"

"You can call me by my name, sir." Bob said, walking in.

Romeo came from the other room, only to stop in his tracks, shocked to see him there.

"Bob?"

"Author." Romeo rolled his eyes.

"Okay, author." He bowed a little, and put on his performer smile. "What brings you to our domain?" The raven haired man sighed, then turned to the blonde, who stared at him curiously while eating.

"I guess I'm here to steal Liz for a bit." He stated, and the blonde kept staring as she slowly continued to chew her food. She swallowed it before finally responding.

"I'm a minor."

And so, Romeo and even Jack couldn't contain their laughter, as the young man stared at her with a shocked expression.