Chapter 4: Cursed blood

Liz was used to criminals and anyone who was up to no good. She could spot these people miles away. She didn't mind them too much, since she was no saint, but something about this client felt wrong.

She liked to trust her instincts, and their told her not to trust him.

She was leaning against the doorway, while Romeo stood next to her, watching their leader's conversation with the man.

The man was sitting on the sofa, his hands were intertwined, and he kept his posture straight. He wore a black suit, an organized sight compared to his wild orange hair. He was carefully studying his surroundings, but he made sure to never let his eyes linger on something for too long.

"What do you want?" Jack asked. He crossed his arms, leaning back into his chair. The room was too small to hold more than one sofa, much to their dismay.

"Why don't we start by introductions? My name is Damon." Damon said with a forced smile, and reached his hand for a handshake, but Jack only glared at him. Damon withdrew. "I'm here to ask you for a favor."

"And that is?" The mercenary raised an eyebrow, and Liz smirked when the man's smile disappeared.

"Straight to the point I see." Damon started with a polite yet suspicious smile. "There is this man who is working on a device that I am interested in. I need you to get rid of him, and bring the device to me. I will give you a fortune for it."

"How much?" Romeo intervened.

"As much as you want." He answered.

"What is this device?" Jack asked.

"You don't need to know that. Your job is to bring it to me, that's all."

Jack stood up and looked at the man sternly. "We are professionals. We don't like to rush into a job without knowing details. So you can give us more information, or look for someone else who could do your dirty job."

Liz whistled, while the hat wearing mercenary panicked.

"Hey, Jack! Maybe we shouldn't be too stern on our client." Romeo said, fearing that the job might slip away. The money they have at the moment won't keep them fed for long.

Damon stared at the leader, thoughtful, before answering. "If you insist. The device works depending on demon blood and makes it compatible for humans. For example, if you inject a demon with the modified blood, he dies, but if you inject a human, he receives demons powers."

"I thought demons don't exist in our world, so what's the point of making such a thing?" Romeo asked.

"That is wrong. Not all demons were banished to another world. Some managed to stay here, lived with humans, and even had families with them. Pure blood demons are impossible to find, but there are always half demons walking around." Damon explained. "You don't need to worry about the device hurting you, you don't look like demons to me." He smirked.

"That's reassuring...kind of." The shadow user said, rubbing his neck.

"Where is this man's location?" The leader asked after a moment of silence, and Damon smiled.

-P.O.L:Origins-

Nosaru sat in her father's office. She was crossing her arms, staring at the empty chair before her. She tried to avoid as much eye contact as she could.

Hiroshi akina was a calm and careful man, so if she were to turn and look him in the eyes, she would feel uneasy by the worry in them.

"Why did you call me here?" She asked, and Hiroshi looked at her for a brief moment before sighing and crossed his hands.