Chapter 14

Arianna's POV

"Arianna, go to your room. I'll deal with those boys later." my father said, and Liam picked up my wheelchair and carried me up the steps, as the conversation carried on downstairs.

"Geoff, he didn't do anything wrong."

"You're right, you did."

I led the boys to my room and closed the door, putting on music so I couldn't hear my parents fighting.

"Well, I'm, uh, sorry that we intruded on some family problems." Liam said.

"Well your my 'brother' so I guess it doesn't matter, does it?" I said, putting air quotations "brother".

Liam gave a slight laugh, but his attention seemed to be drawn to my wrist, which was covered by my uniform.

"Do you still have the cake?" Harry asked.

"Huh?"

"The cake that you were baking. in hungry." he said sheepishly, and Niall and Zayn nodded along.

"Uhm, I said I attempted to bake a cake." I said, recalling that I had told Harry I burned my wrist on the stove.

"I threw it out. It tasted terrible." I threw in a laugh to make it more believable.

"Oh..."

"How did you guys even get into a conversation about cake when you've known each other for less than a day?" Zayn asked, a slight smile on his lips.

"Well this morning, I saw this gauze on her wri-"

"He saw burn marks and was wondering where I got it from." I interjected.

When I said that, Liam's facial expression turned from worried to terrified, as his eyes looked like they were burning holes through my sleeve. I casually hid my wrist from his line of sight and he looked at me for a second before joining the conversation.

"Hey, was that little girl that fell alright?" he asked, meaning Aria.

"Yeah, actually her mom gave me her number so I could babysit her." I said, and smiled as I remembered the little girl.

"Did you call?" Louis asked.

"Not yet. I probably won't until I'm better."

The room was quiet after that, except for the music.

"What is this song?" Harry asked.

"Uhm...." I checked my phone.

"One last time, Ariana Grande"

"Ha, you two have the same name!" Niall said, cracking a smile.

"Yeah, it's spelt differently though. And we don't look alike." I said.

"She used to have red hair."

"Arianna's a strawberry blonde." Zayn said.

"How do you even know that?"

He shrugged but smiled. There was a break in the music, and for a second, everything was silent, even downstairs, which got me worried.

"Does anybody else hear that?" I said, starting to panic.

"The music?"

"No, downstairs."

"I can't hear anything."

"Exactly." I said, and pushed myself to the door and went to the stairs, which Liam carried me down.

Daniel was there, but I couldn't see either of my parents.

"Where are my parents?"

"In the basement. They said they didn't want to fight I front of me." he said and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Jackass." I muttered and pushed past him to the couch, where I could faintly hear my parents.

"Geoff, I'll cut tues with him. He's not gonna be at my work for much longer anyway."

"Alice.... I'm just worried about Arianna..."

"Geoff, we might need to talk to the school about this."

I heard my dad sigh.

"I've been thinking that, too."

"She's looking like she was in a car accident."

"Maybe we can talk to Sabrina and Crystal. They must know something." my father said, and Harry glanced at me.

"I'm gonna go get the mail." I said and rolled out the front door and to the mailbox, where there was a manilla folder labeled "to the parent/guardian of Arianna Gambino", and I closed the mailbox m, and went back to the house placing the folder on the counter for my parents.

They came upstairs and my father ordered Daniel out of the house.

"Thank you boys for taking care of my daughter." my mother said, and gave them each a hug, walking over to the counter.

"Arianna what's this?"

"Probably something for school I said, and heard my mother open up the folder.

"Arianna, come here please." she said, her voice strained.

"What's this?"

"I don't know, you're not showing me." I said and my mother angled her wrist so I could see the photo.

"Why is there an ultrasound?" I asked, my eyes widening.

"You tell me!" my mother said, raising her voice.

"Th-that's not mine."

A/N

Sorry it took so long to update.

I rewrote this chapter several times bc the first time I made her parents get badly injured by an intruder while in the basement and I had to rewrite the end a couple of times.

Sorry I hope u don't hate me xD