Day 5

....

Screeching engulfed your hearing, followed by the feeling of spinning, and the scream of twisting... grinding metal. Pain flashed across your neck-

You sat up in the tent, gasping for air. You looked around, panicked, before putting your hand on your neck, feeling the scar. You drew your hand back, and looked at it. No blood. You sighed in relief.

Only a dream.

You got up, looking around. Seems Travis already got up. That's a relief. You got yourself changed into clean(er) clothes, and shook the wooziness out of your head, which may have also been an attempt to get the images out of your head. As you thought of this, thinking engulfed your mind as you sat on the sleeping bag again.

Why were you remembering the details of the crash now? It had been more than a decade ago, and nothing you had remembered. Now, all you could guess was that the news of your father's death had forced the memory back into existence-if it had even existed in the first place.

You shook your head again and stood up, slightly crouching due to the low ceiling of the tent, to head towards the door. You unzipped it and stepped outside, putting on your shoes. Zipping the tent again, you turned around to see Travis, Kawaii~Chan, and Katelyn talking. Aphmau was sluggishly eating a sausage while sitting on a log, looking dead inside. You walked over to her, letting the other three chat, and you waved a hand in front of her face. She just kept eating the sausage, paying no mind to you. You had to move your hand to avoid getting bit. You studied her features.

She had slight bags under her eyes, so if anything, she probably got up a tad early and her body just kinda shut down while she was eating. You held your hand next to her ear, and snapped. Life flashed into Aphmau's eyes as she spasmed for a moment.

"I'M AWAKE!" She yelled, before looking around, at the other three who were now looking at her, then at you, your hand still in post-snap position. She gave a sheepish smile.

"Oh. Good morning." You rolled your eyes and turned around. Going to the picnic table where the food lay. Grabbing the various foods, you placed your share on a paper plate, grabbing a fork and sitting next to Kawaii~Chan.

"You gave Aph quite a scare there Y/n." Travis pointed out. You shrugged and speared a hash brown on your fork.

"How did Y/n~Kun sleep?" Kawaii~Chan asked. You flashed back to your dream, and gave the group a thumbs up.

"That's good." Katelyn said as you chewed.

"We were thinking of some games we could play for the last day. I called my mom, and she said she'd be coming at 11, that's pm, mind you, and we'd be here till about twelve midnight. Then we're going home, spending one last night at my home, and we all split ways tomorrow." You nodded, remembering that the original schedule was a bit different.

"So, who's ready to have some fun?" Travis asked. Aphmau yawned loudly.

"I'll take that as a 'I'm ready for some fun.'" Travis muttered to himself as you gave him a thumbs up. He smiles at the sight of it.

  "Thanks. At least you have my back." You nodded again.

  The afternoon passed quickly, and soon, you were sitting around the campfire again, and Travis was explaining the rules to some game called Manhunt.

"So... basically Hide and Seek, but hiders who are found join them in seeking?" Aphmau asked. Travis nodded.

  "Yeah, about right." Katelyn shrugged.

  "Let's do it." The General consensus was in favor of the game, and do you started.

  You were seeking, having been the second-to-last found, now only searching for Travis. Katelyn, Aphmau, and Kawaii~Chan scanned the woods for any sign of the young man, as you focused your attention to the areas further off, not staying too far from the campsite.

As you walked, you listened through the darkness and silence for anything. You stopped when you heard something fall. It was small, and too difficult to make out in the dark. You shrugged. Probably a pine cone. As you went on, you stopped, looking back at the campsite. It was getting pretty far off. You turned your body and started jogging back. If Travis hid this far off, he deserved to stay lost.

"Found ya!" Aphmau yelled out, followed by the sound of Travis groaning.

"Dang it... could've gone so much longer." He grumbled. You only smirked as everyone gathered around, and sat down to stop playing for the night.

  "Well, That was a lot of fun!" Travis declared, sweat visible on his face.

  "Didn't you say we were leaving today, Travis~Kun?" Kawaii~Chan asked, chin in her hand. Travis ignored her.

  "Well, we'll all be leaving tomorrow, so yeah.... make sure to get ready to go as soon as you get up. That clear?" Everyone nodded.

  "Great. Now we can just mess around, play some games." Katelyn's eyes grew a devilish glint.

  "How about a quick game of Truth or Dare?" Katelyn asked, rubbing her hands together. Everyone else was slightly against the idea. Katelyn shrugged.

  "If you don't wanna do that, I have a bottle we could-"

  "TRUTH OR DARE IT IS!" Aphmau shouts. You sighed, wanting to disappear.

  "Katelyn, why don't you start? You suggested the game." Travis stated. Katelyn nodded and looked around, before her eyes landed on you.

  "Y/n. Truth or dare?"

Hello! It's me again. With another chapter that's overdue. I'm sorry. Anyways, since I was given the free time, I decided to finish this chapter, even though it was a tad short, and ask you guys a question.

  All my weeb friends around here, would you appreciate it if one day, I made a reader insert on some anime? I've recently been getting into Konosuba, Re: Zero, etc(I've been into JoJo for a long time already though). Or on the other hand, should I keep that in the One Shots book? (Could also use a few requests over there)

Oh, and before I go, for those who care, I guess I should share some good news. At the time of writing, my parents are probably at the hospital with my sister, who has broke water. Ya boi's gonna be an uncle.

Anyways, thank you all for reading, and have a wonderful day.

~ASnazzyGuy

~1095 Words