Here we go...

So, a little context.

You and Katelyn had went home after the day of school that contained your tryouts. You were going to be number 3 in your group, obviously meaning that you guys would go third. Anyways, back to the topic.

You and Katelyn spent the rest of your time practicing, basically perfecting your skills. You had learned to time your notes really well, and Katelyn showed you the 10+ sheets of paper that she had written the lyrics on over and over again to memorize it. Not like you judged her for it, you did something similar with a different song awhile back. Don't ask please.

Fine.... it was Never Gonna Give You Up. Anyways, you two got to work perfecting timing with the computer generated program you downloaded on the school computer you would use for the performance. Other than that, you had gotten to the school about getting some small microphones for your violin, and music boxes. Other than that, you were golden.

You had been antagonized by Aphmau about what you were gonna do, but you barely managed to avoid those questions. She would have to find out herself.

Fast forward to now. You were standing behind a massive crowd of people, all in a seat. Murmurs were heard all around, as the same two girls who announced the Talent Show during lunch a few weeks ago stepped off of the stage, making way for a duet. The two people, one girl and one Boy, stepped up, before the male stepped behind a piano. As the girl stepped in front of the mic and took a deep breath, the guy started to play. You didn't recall the name of the song played, but you turned your attention to the food behind you. Five tables stretched across the room, all filled with snacks. Many were picked at by people, but there was still a considerable amount of food left. You pick a strawberry up off of the platter beside you, and briefly dipped it in a chocolate fountain to the right. Afterwards, you took a bite of the strawberry. Yum.

You turned to your right, where Katelyn stood, doing some sort of breathing exercises. She murmured words under her breath, likely lyrics. You tapped her shoulder. She snapped out of her exercises and looked at you. You held up a napkin, where you had written a message in advance.

We should head around now.

Katelyn nodded, before turning, motioning you to follow her. You followed her out into a hall, footsteps clicking, and to another door. Katelyn opened it, revealing a backroom, and entered. You stepped to it, only to be stopped by some sudden words.

"Y/n!" You turned around around to see your parents, both smiling. Your mom held a video camera, and your dad.... what was that?

It was one of those baby harnesses that people where to hold their babies on their chest, but instead of a baby, it was Drei.

You smiled as they approached, waving. Drei wiggled his legs in response.

"Hey! Promise me you'll do good." Your mom said. You nodded.

"Remember your practice." Your mom continued. You nodded.

"You've practiced for three weeks. Don't spoil your chance." You nodded.

"Did you remember-" you nodded. Your mom relaxed.

"Alright. Good luck!" Your dad spoke, prompting a little boook from Drei. You smiled as they turned around and left.

You turned around, entering the backstage. Your footsteps clicked as you entered. Katelyn was in front of a mirror, muttering the lyrics under her breath. You understood, your own nerves were frayed at this point. As you walked forward, you were interrupted by a loud announcement.

"Alright, ladies and gentlemen! That will be the final casual performance! Go, stretch your legs, eat some food, and we will be right back with our Judged performances! See you in Ten Minutes!" You took a deep breath. Oh boy.