t h i r t y - f i v e

Começar do início

"Stefan why did you come to the prison with me?" She asked suddenly, ignoring the comment about Daryl. Her eyes were wide and focused, and he knew he was treading on thin ice.

"There are many reasons, actually." She seemed disappointed at that answer. "But the main reason? I came for you." She wrinkled her nose, a habit of hers that he had come to learn

"Why?" She asked, crossing her arms over her chest. He shrugged.

"There was just something strange about you, something different, Presley. You're not just in the game... You're in it to win it." He said simply. "Women nowaday rely on the men to protect him, but it's almost like the men rely on you." He chuckled. "And so, I decided to risk my ass to save yours." She rolled her eyes, and he laughed.

She looked away from him, drawing her knees to her chest and resting her chin on her knees. Zeva whimpered softly in her sleep. "Do you love him?" Stefan asked suddenly, startling her. She looked at Daryl, eyebrows furrowed at the question.

"Daryl and I are too alike. We're both pigheaded and stubborn as mules. We butt heads on a lot of subjects, and always end up fighting it out by screaming." 

"And then making out in the hall way?" Stefan asked, grinning a bit at her. Though he smiled, the pain was still evident in his eyes, the pain caused by jealousy. She didn't even seem to notice, much to his relief.

"You saw that?" She laughed, swiping her forehead with the back of her hand. "But yeah, I guess so." She said, leaning against the seat. 

"You didn't answer my question. Do you love him?"

Do I love him? She asked herself. She knew, without a doubt, that there was something between them... But she hadn't thought of actually loving him. They acted more like bickering siblings rather than a couple. Do I love him? Do I love Daryl? "No." She said, though, she wasn't sure if it was actually true. Stefan looked a bit relieved, but she was too distracted to notice.

- - - -

The moonlight was surprisingly bright, reflecting on the asphalt and making the scenery a lot more peaceful. Daryl swerved back and forth on the back, trying to put an end to his fidgeting. He was eager to find Presley, knowing that they had probably stopped traveling for the night. He kept an eye out for her Jeep or any tracks that led off the road, but so far he could find none.

Walkers drifted across the road occasionally, which gave him a good clue that they had been here before, and the walkers had been there to investigate the noise that was now long gone.Daryl knew that her Jeep had been full on gas, so it'd probably be a few more hours before he stumbled upon them.

Personally, he would have liked it if Presley would have gone alone. Knowing her, she would probably go off track and try to save the day, but she would still be alone and his when he found her. With Stefan taking her, however... It complicated the entire situation. While it wasn't that he didn't dislike Stefan, he just disliked the fact that Stefan had his eyes on Presley. It meant more protection for her, but more competition for himself.

He drove for a few more miles, until he saw something. Instantly he began to slow the bike down, slowing down until he rolled to a stop. Her Jeep, but it was empty. He checked the back, noticing that they had only taken some of the supplies. Two sets of foot prints, and a set of paw prints scattered the ground around the bike, making indents in the dirt. He shook his head, forcing his hair away from his face as he mounted the bike again, revving it a few times before allowing it to peel out in the direction he knew that they would be. 

It was only a matter of time before he stumbled upon them. They couldn't be far.

- - - - -

Presley jumped, reaching for the knife in her holster when she heard something slam against the window behind her. She groaned, twisting and looking at the creature clawing and trying to knaw through the window. Stefan stirred slightly, groaning softly and rubbing his face. "I got it." She muttered, unlocking the door and throwing it into the roamer. It toppled to the ground, and she used her boot to keep it down. It desperately reached for her warm flesh, lips parted, silently begging. "Stupid thing, you don't even know you're going to die." She muttered, lifting her arm and dropping the throwing knife into his face. It stuck right in his forehead, almost completely vertical.

"Well you sure don't show any mercy." Stefan chuckled behind her. She turned, cocking an eyebrow.

"I don't think he would even consider showing a sign of mercy." She retorted, cleaning the knife with her pant leg and slipping it back into its holster. She placed her hands on her hips. "I won't be able to sleep now. I barely fell asleep before." She said. Stefan frowned, but nodded. "I'll keep watch, you go ahead and try to sleep."

"Alright... Scream if you're in trouble." Stefan said with much hesitance, stepping back into the car and locking the door after himself. She gave him a small thumbs up before crawling up onto the roof of the SUV, crossing her legs beneath her and laying her bow out in her lap. It was a fairly warm night, but a cold breeze did cause her to shiver occasionally. 

Hours passed. Only a few walkers even walked by the car, and each time, she simply laid down on her back and they passed right by. She closed her eyes and huffed a sigh, passing time by plucking the string on her bow repeatedly. She hummed softly to herself, ironically an Elvis Presley song. 

After another fifteen minutes, a deep rumble brought her from her daze. She twisted, looking up the hill. The rumble got louder, and eventually, she could see the light of headlights. Her throat constricted and her heart lept, and she propelled herself from the SUV quite gracefully. Within moments, she recognized the single headlight of a motorcycle: Daryl's motorcycle. She approached the center of the road, watching as the bike rolled to a stop. Within moments the bike had no rider, and Daryl was approaching her. She slipped her bow to the ground before running at him, propelling herself into his arms. He spun in order to keep his balance, but didn't let her feet touch the ground. "You're alive." she breathed, burrying her face into his neck even after her toes touched the ground. He was surprised by the embrace, but he enjoyed it, having a feeling it wouldn't happen again... At least for a while. 

"Of course.. I promised, didn't I?" He asked into her hair. She nodded into his neck, finally pulling away. He pulled his hands away from her waist, frowning at the sight of seeing her all alone. "Where's Stefan 'n Zeva?" 

"Sleeping." She answered, wrapping her arms around herself. He noticed her shiver at the cold gust of wind.

"Where's yer coat?" He asked, frowning as the goosebumps rose on her arms. She smiled a bit.

"In the car. Don't worry about me. Is the Governor dead?" She asked, unable to hide the eagerness in her voice.

"Dead an' walkin'." Daryl confirmed with a grunt. Relief. Relief reflected in her eyes and she smiled, nodding. "I'm sorry ye weren't the one ta kill him. Michonne had fun with it."

Presley shrugged. "As long as he suffered, I could care less who killed him and how he died." They were interupted when they heard a muffled bark, both turning to look at Zeva, who had her paws on the window. Moments later, Stefan emerged. She glanced between the two, frowning when all they did was exchange subtle nods of her heads.

"Now what?"

- - - - - - -

Another update yayyyyy c: 

Stesley bonded. yay? nay? 

Comment what you guys thought of this update. c: 

Comment, heart, follow <3