It's Always You

Narrator's POV

*flick*

"Argh!"

"You don't need to do that because you're just holding the position." Tony told Nebula, putting his fingers together to make some sort of goal. Almost like a football goal.

They were playing a simple game of Paper Football to pass the time in the empty ship that they were station in that floated about space.

"Easy now." Tony told Nebula as she concentrated.

"Hah." He groaned as she flicked the triangle.

She missed the goal.

"That was close." Tony told her.

She tried two more times, finally making one.

"That's a goal. We are now one a piece." Tony explained.

"I would like to try again." Nebula said.

They both flicked continuously, trying to beat each other.

"We're tied up. Feel the tension?" Tony said as he took the triangle in his hands. "It's fun."

He flicked it and missed.

"That was terrible. Now you have a chance to win." Tony said.

Nebula took the triangle in her hands.

*flick*

It went right into the goal.

"And you've won." Tony said. "Congratulations. Good game." He stretched his hand over to her to shake. "Good sport."

They shook hands.

"You have fun?" Tony asked her.

"It was fun." Nebula said.

///0///0

Tony picked a quiet place in the ship to sit with the helmet of his suit on the ground, facing him.

*click*

There was a whining noise from the helmet as it turned on.

Tony tapped it a few times.

A blue beam shone on him and scanned him.

"Staying on?" He asked it.

He looked at it for a while before deciding to speak.

"Hey, Oliver." He leaned back against a metal structure and sighed. "If you find this recording, don't post it on social media. It's gonna be a real tear jerker. I don't know if you're ever gonna see these. I don't know if you're still..." He paused for a little. "Oh god, I hope so... Today's day 21. No, it's 22. You know, if it wasn't for the essential terror of staring into the literal void of space, I'd say I'm feeling more better today. Infection's off course...thanks to that blue meanie back there. Ah, you'd've loved her. Very practical. Only a tiny bit sadistic. So the flight cells were cracked during battle, and we found a way to recharge. Saved us about 48 hours of flight time, but it's now about a thousand light years away from the nearest Seven-Eleven. Oxygen will run out tomorrow morning. And that'll be it. I know I said no more surprises, but I was really hoping I would be able to pull off one last one. But it looks like... We'll, you know what it looks like. Don't feel bad about this. I mean, if you grumble for a couple weeks and then move on with enormous guilt..." Tony took his head in his hands and sighed. "I'll probably lie down and rest my eyes." He sighed. "Please know, when I drift off, it'll be like everything lately. I'm fine, totally fine. I'll dream about you, and Peter, and Daddy... It's always all of you." He whispered, finally turning off the helmet.