"For this practice assignment... everyone fails!" He announced. All of them gasp and exclaimed like the pussies they are.

"Except!" They were silent.

"Y/n's team." Everyone looked at you.

"If all three don't finish, you fail." Shino said.

"The reason is because Genin work in threes. In other words, they fundamentally take action within three-man teams. For success in a mission, teamwork is essential!" His gaze traveled over to you.

"Y/n was the only one out of all of you to go back and help her comrades finish. Therefore, she, and her team pass." Jealous stares were thrown your way, but you just threw up a peace sign.

"Get on my level, noobs."

"When you graduate, you will fall under our command!" Konohamaru exclaimed.

"We'll come by occasionally to observe you for the purpose of forming teams." He added on.

"Well, don't brood over it." Moegi said.

'Trust me bitch I won't.'

"For now, just try different formations."

"That's all for today's practice." Shino said.

"Thank you very much!"

~
It was the end of the day. The sun was slowly setting down below the horizon. You slid the door open and stepped into the hospital room. Sumire was sitting up, looking out the window.

"You're doing a lot better." You spoke. Her head turned.

"Y/n?" She said.

"You came alone?" You walked up to the side of her bed.

"No one to go with." You replied with a shrug.

"Are your injuries okay?" You asked.

"Yes... they said I'll be discharged soon." She replied.

"I see. That's good." You placed your hands behind your head.

"Don't really want you dead."

"Huh?"

"How do you feel about the person who did this to you?" You asked.

"I don't know." She didn't look at you.

"But I want this to be over quickly... that's how I feel."

"I have a feeling it will be." You said. She slowly turned her head to you.

"And I promise you." You grabbed her hand and held it tightly between you.

"Whoever did this you--I will show them no mercy. I will kill them." Your eyes flashed for a moment and she flinched back.

"Y-you don't have to do that... it's nothing that serious." She said quietly. Your grip tightened.

"To me, it is." Your gaze turned serious, eyes going dead. It unnerved her.

"They will burn."

~
Hey... Hime?

'Yeeeeeeuuuuuuuup?'

What was the point of that?

'The intimidation tactic, of course. When she's revealed as the Ghost, I'll kill her and she'll be prepared.'

Isn't that a little rash?

Who gives a shit?

I don't think that's the best way to go...

It's three impulsive idiots versus one, you're not going to win.

*Sigh*

'Relax my dude. All will be settled in due time.'

You walked downstairs which was dark with the exception of the kitchen light.

"This isn't going to work." You heard your mother say. You pressed your back against the wall.

"It will." Your father said.

"You just have to give it time and the right opportunity will show up."

"What if she knows?"

"She doesn't."

You left after their conversation was done.

'Cerberus.'

Yeah, I know.

Hime? Does that mean...?

'Yeah, it does.' A giant spike of chakra and tingles went down your body.

'This...!' With a growl, you disappeared from the compound.

Ja ne!

{Ruby Red}