Feeling

Do you know the feeling?The feeling of walking into a studio with your hands shaking, terrified of the beginning because you're seven barely starting?The feeling of making sure to hide in the back so no one can see your scrunched up face as you tr...

The feeling of walking into a studio with your hands shaking, terrified of the beginning because you're seven barely starting?
The feeling of making sure to hide in the back so no one can see your scrunched up face as you try to mimic the teacher?
The feeling of warmth spreading throughout your chest when you finally get it right?
Do you know the feeling of excitement when class is over and you can't wait for the next one?

Do you know the feeling?
The feeling of walking across room mastering your 'hip hop' or 'jazz' walk?
The feeling of prepping for the choreography across the floor?
The feeling of pouring in passion with your movements as you freestyle?
Do you know the feeling of suddenly having a confidence that you know who you are?

Do you know the feeling?
The feeling of standing on that stage and seeing your loved ones in the audience as you show off what you've loved to learn?
The feeling of adrenaline as you turn on stage with the taught variation?
The feeling so indescribable that one can only compare it to happiness?
Do you know the feeling of having your heart's rhythm match the music?

Do you know the feeling?
The feeling of being 18 and you suddenly see the beginning of the end?
The feeling of sitting in your last rehearsals and knowing that this part of your childhood is now over?
The feeling of standing on this stage one last time with the people who I consider family?
I know this feeling.
The feeling of being free
Thanks to DIDC

(This was the Poem I wrote after I Graduated from my dance Studio. It was my senior piece. Dance has always been apart of my life as my mother is a dancer and my aunts and uncles are as well. I had started dancing at four but remained at only one dance studio from 7yrs old to 18 years old as mentioned in the poem. There hasn't been a day where I've missed the pain from being on Pointe and limping out of a class from pushing too hard but finally getting that turn I've wanted.

The true epitome of no pain. No gain. Not to say there aren't days I don't still dance but I don't believe I'll ever pick up another pair of pointe shoes as they cost me $80....

Not to say.... if I could go back.

I wouldn't have been so timid about asking for more time. I would have spent less time sitting down studying if only I could have gotten a few hours back on those pointe shoes.

Now however. All I need to dance now?

Is nothing but the want to dance.

So I'll dance the night away any day. I'll dance in the kitchen while singing and cleaning. I'll dance with earbuds while cleaning and in the empty aisles of a store is when my turns are best. 😉)