Chapter 5: Stranger danger

*WARNING: MATURE CONTENT*

When I look up to see him smirking, my heart skips a beat.

"Damn these hormones! Of course it has to be mid cycle and all these hormones are playing their cruel games with me!" I think.

Finally, I'm done with repairing the button. Now, I should find a quick escape before things get complicated.

"Have a cup of coffee with me. I insist!"

Okay, this certainly doesn't look right. No one has ever shown so much interest in me. I know he's probably just looking for a friend here, and it's all very normal to him... But I can't keep doing this to myself. This isn't me.

"No, thank you, really, it's getting very late, I must go! My aunt might wake up and start panicking if she doesn't find me!"

"Please! This probably is our last time meeting and I'd feel indebted to you forever if you don't even let me make a cup of coffee as gratitude for all your help!"

"It was no trouble at all, really! And just remember me in your prayers. That'll be enough for me. Thank you!"

"I can't let you leave without a cup of coffee!"

I sigh. "Okay. Thank you." I say, too tired to argue anymore.

I then notice that he's still dressed in a crisp shirt and it's definitely past midnight.

"Why do you still have a shirt on?"

"So you don't want a shirt on me?"

It took me a few seconds to decipher what he was trying to say. And then I face palmed myself internally and I could feel my ears burn with embarrassment. Really, what is wrong with me? Why can't I choose my words more carefully?!"

"I meant it's the middle of the night and people generally wear something more comfortable than the shirt you're wearing you know." I say looking anywhere but his face.

"I could ask you the same. You seem to be wearing very uncomfortable clothes as well."

"I just attended a friend's wedding. That's why." I inform him.

"Well, I'm a businessman, and I had a conference call from the US, and it is day time over there. So I had to look presentable for it." He said with a polite smile.

Oh, so that explains it.

He then comes toward me and hands me a cup of coffee.

"Thank you!" I say with a smile.

"You already knew I was a businessman, didn't you?"

I suddenly look up, taken aback by his question. "Why did you think so?" I ask.

"So you approached me without being aware of my identity?" He asks me, while raising an eyebrow.

To say I was shocked is an understatement.

It takes me a while to compose myself and form a sensible reply. "Yes, I wasn't aware of your identity."

"You might think you can fool me, but trust me, this has happened quite a few times before as well." He says with a very serious expression.

I'm baffled by his accusation. This man has the audacity to question my intentions when he's the one trying to converse with me all along.
I don't know what comes over me, but whenever I'm overwhelmed with anger, it turns into tears.

And before I can compose myself, I taste the salty tears in my mouth.

I take a few deep breaths, place the cup on the side table and get up to leave. "Thank you for your hospitality and your excellent assessment of my character. I will now take your leave."

With that, I turn to head towards the door but he grabs my hand and pulls me towards him.
I'm shocked with this turn of events. Before I can come to my senses, he pushes me on the bed, taking hold of both my hands with one hand and pinning them above me. He then throws away my hijab and dupatta with the other hand and restraints my legs by trapping them between his knees.

I rake my brain to look for an answer, 'Why? What did I do to deserve this?'
I search his eyes, but all I see is rage.....disgust..... revenge?

Fear overtakes my whole body.

By this time, I'm frozen in spot. I can't think. I feel disconnected from my body. I try to scream but I can't seem to.

I always used to think if anyone ever tried to touch me, I'd fight back, elbow his abdomen, knee his groin, choke his neck and scratch his face.

But I was frozen. Time stood still. Everything was a blur.

And then I felt pain. Undescribable intense pain. It went on for a while. Maybe it was too much for me to bear because everything became blurry and soon I was surrounded my darkness.