Chapter 16: Lunch

I woke up and turned to see Isa snuggled against me with his head on my right arm. I gave him a peck on the cheek and carefully removed his head and placed it on a car shaped pillow, which was Isa's favourite.

I jotted down the menu for lunch and whatever ingredients I would be requiring.

Then I swept the floor and dusted the curtains and book racks. I sorted out the clothes based on their color and placed them in the washing machine. I cleaned the bathroom and wiped all the mirrors and windows till they squeaked clean.

Mama joined and helped me prepare the lunch.

After I was satisfied with my food and my apartment, I went to shower myself.

At exactly noon, the bell rang.

Mama went to answer it while I went inside to get Isa. I had dressed him in a Maroon / Navy Blue / Green Plaid Suspender Pants with a black turtleneck and he looked adorable.

To match Isa, I wore an emerald green gown with a maroon belt with faux diamonds encrusted in the center and a maroon scarf.

I was a sucker for wearing matching outfits with my baby, as cheesy as it may sound.

Mama wore a maroon Pakistani suit as well.

We all gathered in the living room and I saw Sebastian in a Maroon shirt as well. I smiled involuntarily and lowered my gaze quickly as not-so-pure thoughts came to my mind. I had never felt or looked this way at Sebastian. He was very handsome, there was no denying it, but I never seemed to be bothered about it. Maybe as I got to know him, it was his personality which made me view him this way, as if he were ten times handsomer than before.

It was as if a part of the silly me was returning. I never had huge crushes, only fleeting ones, most based on someone being nice to me or just being nice in general. I was usually attracted more to personality than looks. It's not something I bragged about, but it was just me. It wasn't something I had control over. So I didn't mind if someone was attracted more to looks than personality, it was something they had no choice over and I had no objection to it. It's what made us all human, each of us being different.

Mama spoke, "Son, you look very good today. It seems like without planning we ended up following a color code!"

That's when Sebastian turned to me and I saw his expression change to surprise but it lasted only for like a second.

He cleared his throat and with a smile said, "Thank you very much, you all look very good yourselves too." And then he lowered his gaze.

I don't know if I was right, but it seemed as if he was feeling a little shy. So unusual of him.

I couldn't help but give out a small chuckle. It was too cute.

Isa became restless in my arms as soon as he saw Sebastian, and started shouting with excitement, "Bash-bash! Bash-bash!!"

Sebastian came towards me and put his arms forwards and Isa jumped towards him.

'Allah! I think I'm going to die to of cuteness overload' was all I could think.

Sebastian sat down on the carpet, playing some silly games with Isa and I moved to the kitchen to get the dishes from inside to set the table for lunch.

After we set the table, mama called out "Lunch's ready!"

Our table was a small round one with a glass top and 3 chairs and a high chair for Isa.

Isa refused to leave Sebastian. After failing in my multiple efforts to convince Isa, Sebastian spoke up, "It's okay, I don't mind feeding him, if that's alright with you both?"