"You just have to trust me!" Hunter yelled back.  

And so I did. I allowed him to pull me through the crowd, in which I earned a few good elbows to my body and feet getting stepped on, that I returned with an even greater shove back. I really didn't deal with people messing with me well, which is one reason why I play basketball.

A couple of minutes later and we arrived in front of a nice, black sleek Audi A7 with a driver out and ready to open the back door for us. He took our bags and put them in the trunk while we got ourselves situated in the car. As we were getting in, I couldn't help but admire the rich black leather seats and took a deep breath to fully inhale and savor the new car smell it had to it, while closing my eyes. 

"I take it you like the car?" Hunter teased, looking at me with his eyebrows raised and amusement clear in his eyes. 

"Shut up. I can't help it if that I love cars. And this baby's awesome," I replied, a bit snarky at first, but with awe laced in my voice at the end of my declaration. 

"Yeah, she's great. Too bad you can't drive her though." 

"What...? Oh, right..." I said, disappointed and slighty sad. I really enjoy driving, and not being able to do so will be a really difficult adjustment for me. "I can't believe I'm not allowed to drive here." 

"I know. I had just gotten my permit and was learning to drive when we moved here, so I wasn't that used to it, but still. What did you guys do with your cars when you moved here?" Hunter asked, his tone slightly sad. He really did enjoy learning to drive. I remember how excited he was when he got his permit and everything. And loved his first driving lesson, its a shame that he couldn't continue when he moved here. 

"The usual. Sold them. I wish we hadn't. I absolutely adore my car. She was so pretty with her red paint job and black convertible. Ugh...Why did I have to move here, no offence Hunt. Seeing you has been great and all, but I'm pretty homesick right now," I admitted, my throat closing a little as I thought about home and all of my friends and old school. 

I normall don't show my emotions, but right now I think that I was a little in over my head. I really missed my old life in Atlanta. It was my senior year, my last chance to be with my friends and everything before going off to college, but now that's all changed. I didn't even get to see my mother and brother's grave before we left and say goodbye, not knowing when my next chance to visit it would be. 

At that thought my eyes were really tearing up and one tear escaped and slid down my cheek. I didn't make a move to wipe it away, and wasn't looking at Hunter anymore, but he must've seen the tear, because the next thing I know he's wiping it away for me. 

And I can't say that I didn't feel tingles across my cheek where his thumb had touched my skin because that would be lying. 

---------------------------------------------

Hunter's POV:

"The usual. Sold them. I wish we hadn't. I absolutely adored my car. She was so pretty with her red paint job and black convertible. Ugh...Why did I have to move here, no offence Hunt. Seeing you has been great and all, but I'm pretty homesick right now," she admitted to me with slight hesitancy as her voice broke, ever so slightly. 

She stayed quite for a while, faced turned forward, eyes focused, a look of deep and profound thought running across her face. I remember her car, it was a red Volkswagen convertible Beetle. Her parents had bought it when we were in the sixth grade, and had promised to give it to her on her 16th birthday as long as she got her license. 

Suddenly a tear slipped from her eye and I instantly felt bad. It was Victoria's last year in high school and her dad had to make them move here unexpectedly. I mean, on one side I was really happy that she was here. She was my best friend from before, but at the same time she didn't deserve to have to leave her old life without fair warning. She needed more preparation time and was getting overwhelmed. I've only seen Victoria cry a handful of times since I've known her, but most of those times were because she got hurt playing basketball or volleyball.