4 New School

JSS 2 (8th Grade)

After my former school's inter house sports, my dad changed my school.

"So you two, will have to choose a class" Miss Lizbeth said. She was in charge of us new students. It's been long I attended a mixed school, so I've totally forgotten the doctrines. "so, this is jss2 sapphire" she said showing us a class filled with students and a teacher.

"Who's the class monitor here?" she asked and a tall, light skinned boy raised his hands. "Yes, oh, Shola it's you, how many are you in this class?" she asked the boy.

"40 ma" he answered and she shook her head before answering "okay thanks" she said and signed the we proceed to the next class.

"this is Jss2 Gold" she said and entered the class. Immediately she went in, I sighted Gideon Gideon, as in the Gideon from my primary school!

"So who wants to choose this class" Miss Lizbeth asked and I didn't hesitate before entering the class.

"That's settled then, Class monitor, you have a new student, Keisha Williams will now be a student of this class." she explained and a boy with a nice pink lips, fine oval face, neat Green and Yellow uniform with the school's logo all over it stood up and showed me a seat I could seat in before asking what my name was.

"Take good care of her" Miss Lizbeth said and left.

"Hi, I'm Rauf" another boy beside me said. I hadn't gotten over the fine pink lipped boy, now I'm seeing a dark and shine boy beside me! I mean why is this class filled with nice looking boys!? I'm so not used to this!

"Hi, I'm Keisha" I said after I had checked him out.

"Nice to meet you" he said and I nodded, I just couldn't get the words out, especially with his slight British accent.

The bell rang and I looked around wondering what we had next.

"Aren't you going for short break?" The black and shine boy asked again and I stood up.

"So I heard you're from an only girl's school" he asked and I nodded.

Why am I not talking?

"What do you want to get?" he asked when we got to the food vendor.

"Uhm.. I'll just get ice cream and gala" I told him and he led me to the vendor for ice cream and then moved to the one for gala, a sausage roll with beef in it. I picked what I wanted and was about to pay when he stretched his arm to pay the woman.

"Thanks" I muttered.

"anytime princess" he said and my eyes widened.

Only my parents call me princess

"Let's get back to class before the bell goes again" he said.

So far, my first day in school was good enough.

***

I arrived early enough to meet the morning assembly the next day, dressed in my white shirt and black skirt as instructed by the school, till the time I'd be given my school uniform.

"Hi, my name's Zainab" a short, curvy girl with pimples all over her face said and I smiled.

"I'm Ksisha" I answered.

"Oh, nice to meet you" she said and I smiled again.

"same here" I answered and we both walked up the stairs. We got to the block where the jss2 classes were lined, eyes were all over me and I was beginning to feel self conscious about my self.

Why won't they just look away?

I looked at my white shirt that covered my big boobs.

Yeah, I have large boobs and a flat ass.. I know, you can look away already.

"Get used to it, the bitches will soon start crowding you to join them sef" Zainab said.

I was puzzled but I didn't show it and instead just settled in my seat.

"Wait, you're in this class?" I asked.

"Well, duhh.. Yeah!" she answered and I laughed. Mehn! I like this girl already

She settled down in the seat beside me, where the black and fine boy from yesterday sat. Gideon Gideon came in and I smiled at him but he just gave me a small smile, like he didn't know me!

Are you kidding me!

"So I heard you're from an only girl's school" she said and I nodded.

"Why is that the first question apart from my name, that you guys are asking?" I asked and she laughed.

"Well, we're just not used to having students from an only girl's school transfer here." she said and I shrugged.

"How's life in an only girl's school?" Zainab asked.

"Well, it's ---" I was in between replying when Rauf interrupted.

"Hi, good morning" He greeted with his nice British accent.

"Good morning, thanks for yesterday" I replied and he waved his hands off.

"It's nothing" he said and walked back to settle in another seat.

"Wait, I thought this was your seat" I said and he smiled.

"Nah, it's Zainab's" he said and I shrugged.

The class went by, with Rauf glancing repeatedly at me and some other guys from the class.

It was during break and I went with Zainab to the food vendor. This time around, we bought Indomie (my favorite food) and drinks.

We got back to the cafeteria with our lunch, ate and went back to get some snacks that we would snuggle into the class for boring periods.

"Hi, I'm Eric" a dark guy, not so fine, not so neat guy said and I just smiled and walked by, yet he walked with I and Zainab to the class.

"What's your name?" he asked and I rolled my eyes before answering. "Keisha" I simply said.

"I heard you came from an only.... " he was saying before I cut him off.

"Yeah, you heard right" I told him and checked the timetable for what we were having next.

Arrghh Yoruba!!

Soon the bell rang, and I brought out a new note book for the subject.

"Isn't she coming?" I asked Zainab and she smiled before answering with a No.

Yayyy No Yoruba

I rejoiced, but my happiness was short lived when Zainab announced that it was a joint class with Jss2 sapphire

What!!?

"And if you want to get a seat, you have to hurry up! Or you'll be standing throughout the 80 minutes class" she said and I checked my timetable again and surely, it's a two period class. Yayyy note the sarcasm.

It's not like I hated Yoruba, I'm quite good at it if you ask me, I just feel, what's the use learning it when you speak it all the time at home, with your parents, neighbors, grandparents and all those. I can as well use that time to work on my maths! My favorite subject that I always manage to get a half score in.

I got to the class with Zainab, Lo and behold, it was almost full. I looked around for possible and tolerable seat partners but the only one I could find was Eric!!