3 Self Esteem

Depuis le début

"My baby!! Happy Birthday!!" my mum's cheerful voice said into the phone and I woke up fully!

Wow!!! Today's my birthday??!

"Thanks mum!" I said and let her continue. Of course as a Nigerian you should know what's next. Oh yeah some of you aren't Nigerians.

Well, after the "My baby, happy birthday" thing, the next thing is the long moment of prayers!

"Amen" I kept saying as she prayed on and on and on.

"You will succeed, you will do what ten children can't do for their parents for me." she prayed, that was always my favorite prayer, cause I was the only child.

"In Jesus' name I've prayed" She concluded and I mentally thanked God for the conclusion.

"Amen! Thanks mum!" I said and Dara laughed too.

"Your dad wants to speak to you" she said and handed the phone over to dad.

We talked for a short while and they hung up.

"Happy Birthday dear" Dara greeted and gave me a chocolate bar as my birthday gift. I squealed happily and we rushed to the bathroom to have our bath and get ready for the day.

I wore the clothes my mum had packed for my to wear on my birthday, a long jeans skirt, a Barbie top and Dara helped me pack my hair nicely, since I was just going to be indoor, I wore my normal pink slippers, that made me taller, cause of the extra height they added to it.

We got downstairs and headed to the kitchen. I handed Dara's mum her phone.

"Happy Birthday Darling" she greeted and I smiled.

"thank you ma" I answered.

"oh, my baby, how are you this morning" big mum asked and I told her I was fine. "oh by the way, happy birthday my love" she said and I smiled. "thank you ma" I said.

We were helping out in the kitchen when Danny and his two brothers entered the kitchen.

"What's the occasion?" Uncle Mike asked as soon as he noticed how over dressed I was.

Danny rarely spoke to me since the wedding incident, Uncle Ethan who was Danny's elder brother, rarely talked to anyone, but Uncle Mike who was the eldest, took me as his little baby.

"Uncle Mike! Today's my birthday!!" I said excitedly and everyone smiled at how bubbly I was.

"Really!???" Uncle Mike asked again and I nodded, who doesn't love birthdays?

"Wow! My baby girl's now a big girl!" Uncle Mike said and lifted me up.

Uncle Ethan smiled at me and drew my cheeks. "Happy Birthday Princess" he said and took my from his brother. Uncle Mike took a bottle of water from the fridge and we all went back to the mini sitting room upstairs where our room, and some other rooms were, they all had separate rooms but they just slept wherever they found themselves, except the room meant for us girls.

We got to the stairs and peeped into the other apartment since it was just a door apart, in fact I really can't explain how it was built, the architect did a nice job though, he joined the house together and at the same time made it so separate.

Danny went into the door leading to the second wife's apartment, probably to meet Lumi or his other friends. The other apartment was always bubbly cause they had more children around than ours.

Anyways, Uncle Ethan, Mike, Dara and I went into our own mini sitting room and settled down.

"okay since today's KayKay's birthday, why don't we go out?" Uncle Mike suggested and Uncle Ethan shrugged his shoulders while Dara squealed happily. Biko Is it your birthday?