Ch 52: Preston's Fight + Sneak Peek

(Mitch's POV)

As we ran towards the park the sun was still rising into the sky, "Come on! We're almost there!" I yelled to everyone else as the wind was picking up and the sky was becoming covered by dark grey clouds.

As it started to rain I looked up to see that the clouds above the park were swirling in a circle, looking back down I could see Leon, Lachlan, Vikk, and Preston.

"So what do you mean by what I started?" Leon questioned but Preston kept silent, "You know what you started......you couldn't see what others would do for you, yet you chose to try and ignore the sign of the dragon." Preston said coldly.

Skidding to a stop I looked at Lachlan who had Vikk in his arms, looking at Vikk I saw that he looked terrified, suddenly the cling of two swords hitting each other ran through the park, turning my attention back to Preston and Leon I saw that Ethan was attacking Preston with a sword.

Watching them closely I saw Ethan send blow after blow with a bronze sword while Preston dodged and blocked the attacks easily with the same silver sword, but as the fight kept going Ethan seemed to be getting weaker and weaker as Preston kept on blocking and dodging.

I felt fear run up my spine as Ethan's attacks were slower than Preston's blocking and dodging, and as soon as Ethan let his guard down Preston tripped him and jumped back away from Ethan.

"You never listen to signs don't you Leon?" Preston asked Leon who stood away from the battle, "What no!" Leon countered but still confused, "You ignored the sign that you and Deserae met underneath and you ignored the sign that we met under." Preston said turning and glared at Leon.

"What do you mean! I met with Deserae under the sigh of the-" Leon said before being cut off, "You met with Deserae under the sign of the Dove." Preston said not moving a muscle while Ethan pushed himself into a sitting position.

"Face it Leon you didn't see what Deserae could do, I made him a deal back then but you couldn't let go couldn't you?" Preston said with anger, I could see that Leon was confused and frightened by what Preston was saying.

"I don't lie Leon, I admit that I killed Deserae but I regret doing that." Preston said while looking at the ground, "What do you mean by regret doing that?" Leon taunted, "You are in no space to be taunting Leon, if anything you should be regretting turning Deserae down." Preston said while glaring at Leon.

"That's a lie Preston, you're just trying to make yourself seem like the good guy!" Leon said right before sending a vine towards Preston, I felt fear run through me as the vine wrapped around Preston's foot.

I felt dizzy as Preston struggled to get the vine off but that wasn't it Leon sent a large wave of water towards Preston, watching in fear I saw Preston look up at the wave right before taking off the other way.

I held my breath as I watched Preston take off towards the school but something was in front of him a large glowing orb was heading straight towards the school with Preston quickly gaining on it.

(Preston's POV)

As I ran I saw a large orb heading towards the school, 'Preston! That orb is going to destroy the school!' A voice said as I ran towards it, pushing on I was quickly gaining on the orb without noticing I had somehow shifted into a black wolf.

"Preston!" Stampy's voice yelled out as I passed him and Lyric, the roar of the wave was getting louder and louder as I kept running, suddenly claws dug in my back, "Preston I'll use my powers to try and destroy this thing the best I can just keep running!" Stampy said his voice rose about the roar of the wave.

Looking at the orb I saw that it was leaving a trail of fire, running to the right of the Orb I saw a couple of blasts of some power hit the orb and make it a bit smaller yet it didn't break, stop, or slow it down.