Ch 9: The Nightmare!

(Preston's POV)

As I looked out my window I saw the stars twinkling in the night sky, but something was bugging me like something was wrong, I looked around my room to make sure nothing was off yet even when I had checked I didn't feel any better.

Sighing I laid down and covered up and waited for sleep to take over, which happened quickly and before I knew it I was out cold.

(Dream/Nightmare)

As I stood on a hill I watched the sky turn from sky blue to a dark red, 'danger' I thought as the same feeling that I was feeling in my room I started feeling now, I looked around to see nothing except for the exact same place where the battle between me and Leon happened.

'What am I doing here.' I thought looking down at the clearing to see that there were no marks of a battle happening there, suddenly a dark grey fog washed over the land, I tried to see what was around me, but I could only hear footsteps running across the ground.

I looked around frantically trying to see what or who was making the footsteps, until I was hit to the ground from someone running by, I looked to where they ran but I couldn't see a few inches in front of me from the thick grey fog.

Suddenly I saw a blue light heading towards me quickly, rolling to the left I managed to dodge the thing by an inch right as it went right past me, getting up I felt my powers surge as I saw a shadow in the fog run by.

Raising my hand above my head quickly I saw a wave of fire go out around me causing grass to singe, leaves on the ground caught fire, trees had burnt bark, and the fog disappeared. I looked around to see Deserae standing in front of me with a smirk on his face.

I felt uneasy as the fog quickly came back blocking Deserae from my view, I looked around only to hear more footsteps running around me, suddenly I saw a shadow in front of me, it wasn't until a second when I realized that the shadow was trying to hit me, so I dodged down.

Backing up I kept dodging their hits by going right or left, soon I dodged down and ran behind the shadow and drove my fist forwards so that I could have a bit of safety, only to hear a grunt, a familiar grunt from someone I knew in the pack 'Rob.' I thought as I realized who it was.

I quickly backed up only to have a sword hit my back causing me to fall to the ground, I looked up only to see that I was on a cliff with the pack standing in front of me, I looked into their eyes only to see anger, regret, hatred, and betrayal.

I started backing up as they got nearer and nearer, until I felt my foot land on the cliff edge, looking back I saw a ocean underneath me splashing against the rocks that were down there, I was frightened now two of the things that scared me were happening.

I looked back to see Lyric lying on the ground with a dark red liquid pool around her, not only that but I could now see that Leon was standing with his back to me while looking back, I looked towards Andi who didn't have her green and black plaid jacket on.

Suddenly Connor leaped forwards making me step backwards and fall off the cliff, by instinct I managed to grab a hold of a rock and look up as the pack were looking down at me, 'I'm in their shadow now.' I thought I looked past them and towards the sky which I saw a mountain lion standing there looking down at me in disappointment.

(Dream/Nightmare over)

As I lost my grip on the rock I woke up quickly sitting up quickly in my bed I looked around confused for a moment yet I understood that that was a dream, "That was only a dream, nothing else." I said trying to convince myself.

I waited for some time before getting out of bed and getting ready for the day, grabbing my phone and putted in into my pocket I checked my room for everything that I would need, I quickly found my brown leather wallet, my room key, and my little wolves.

I got out of my room and went down stairs knowing that there were no security on campus, as I walked out of the building I took a deep breath, and the feeling of unease came back but this time I felt like there was danger around.

Looking around I saw nothing but I could tell that something was following me, I started walking towards the stores which were nearby, as I walked I could hear a second set of foot steps walking along with my foot steps.

I suddenly stopped walking and I could still hear the foot steps coming closer until they stopped, I stood there a while waiting and watching, getting bored I kept walking towards the shops and stepped inside one of them to see if there was anything I wanted.

"Just check around to see if you want anything and if you do I'll ring you up." The cashier said from behind the counter as I walked in, I made my way to one of the shelves and started looking for something I wanted.

Seeing nothing I wanted I went to the next isle until I saw a deck of cards that had the backs decorated like fire, grabbing them I checked to see if there was anything else that I would have wanted but saw nothing that interested me.

Walking up to the counter I put the deck of cards down and waited to the guy to ring me up, soon I was outside with my new deck of cards, but something felt off, looking to my right I saw Deserae standing there pointing something shiny at me, holding my hands up afraid of what Deserae would do, but everything went dark.

"Preston!"

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!