Ch 23: A Fulfilled Promise.

(Preston's POV)

As I walked down a narrow hallways that eventually lead to stairs I couldn't see a thing form the darkness of the hallway, but I kept going by instinct I made my way through countless tunnels that had multiple exits, entrances, traps, and even barriers.

'No one can follow me even if they could shift and smell my scent, the dampness of this place washes away any scent there is.' I thought as I turned right to go down another tunnel that lead to another room but a bit larger.

Going towards the left it lead to a flight of stairs that lead downwards, as I walked down them they soon came to a hallway that would curve to the right and would lead to a large room, that had multiple passages going out to different rooms.

I saw a small river flow past a rock in the middle and though to another side of the room, but in the middle where a platform was built I saw him, Leon was standing in the middle where a platform stood with a rail, and in the direct middle of the room with a lot of room between the platform and a large white crystal that stood proudly in the middle.

Turning around to leave Leon's voice stopped me in mid tracks, "Preston, come here....please?" Leon said, turning around to face him I saw him put on an innocent look, but I walked up and looked down into the water with my hands on the rail.

"You know that you don't have to follow rules?" Leon asked looking at me, I knew exactly what he was after, "Forget it Leon, it's gone....the connection is gone you're nothing to me." I said backing up away from the water and walked back onto safe land.

"That's where you're wrong Preston, we both know that I mean everything to you, Rob means nothing you're confused that's all!" Leon said cheerily while smiling, "No, do you not get the meaning of no?!" I asked trying to reason to but he didn't seem to get the hint.

"That's right all I have to do is-" Leon said cutting off as he looked up towards the roof of the room, his eyes were crazed yet filled with anger and happiness, 'he's almost like yandere, except without the killing part' I thought as I watched him pace back and forth before stopping and his eyes brightened like he had gotten an idea.

"That's it!" Leon said grinning evilly as he turned his back to me and looked back at the roof his eyes lighting up as he chucked that later turned into a evil laugh, "Yeah, I'm going I kept the promise but I didn't promise anything else." I said right before Leon grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

"Don't you see Preston this is destiny, the people back then were wrong about everything!" Leon said dropping me to the ground, sitting on the ground I watched him paced back and forth determination in his gaze as he tried to convince himself.

"Then they were wrong about me being what we were back then." I said only to get a harsh "no" from Leon, rolling my eyes I got back up and looked around to see Connor standing in one of the hallways hidden by the shadows.

"They weren't wrong about what we were Preston, They were wrong about the sign!" Leon said more likely trying to reassure himself more than me, "And if they were, what type of sign would it be, the dove is in the summer it was spring when we met." I challenged trying to get his to see the truth.

We stood in silence as I waited for an answer and by know I knew that everyone was here even Leon's group, they were watching us carefully, and here they will know the truth, "You been fighting for nothing Leon, and that is how this will end." I said harshly still trying to get Leon to see the truth.

Sighing I took a deep breath and looked at him glaring, "You don't know about the signs! You never knew about them!" Leon said jumping down to attack me but I quickly blocked his attack and pushed him behind me, turning around quickly I saw him stumble until he got his footing back.

"Face it Leon, I was always nothing to you until you made that stupid promise back then, I never kept my part but you did yours, so I have to you are you really risking everything you got just for something you will never get?" I asked challenging him, while I adjusted my footing on the pavement.

I watched Leon as kept silent, but I understood him well enough he was waiting for a signal, "What would you do if that objective died? By your hands? By someone else?" I questioned turning my back to Leon knowing him well worked in my favor after all.

I heard him take a step, but I walked up to the platform above the water, "Let me tell you something, love is something that someone like you should ignore, then again you can't." I said knowing that the tables had turned in my favor.

"You don't know someone until-" Leon said before being cut off by me "You don't know someone until they walk in your shoes, yeah yeah. Thing is I know exactly where we are, and the past behind this place." I said rolling my eyes probably shocking everyone around us.

"Yeah this is the night guild." Leon said with a confused look on his face, "And you don't know every single secret in this place, but if you haven't noticed I got here quick didn't I?" I said tauntingly.

I saw even more confusion on his face as I was taunting him, I saw him look up to the ceiling and with realization he looked at me his eyes full of hate, then I saw him reach for something in his back pocket.

Looking closely I saw it was a syringe with some purple liquid in it, but the label on it had a skull on it, backing up I instantly knew what it was, it was-

Metal Tree Trunks and Wooden Machine Guns!