Chapter 7 "My Name Is Mickey."

The next couple of days Ian and Hannah stayed at the Gallagher's. Mickey needed to figure out his life. Mickey kept drinking. He didn't think it was his fault that Hannah and Ian weren't talking to him. Hannah didn't see Jacob since the night she left. She didn't know if she wanted to say with him. It wasn't a relationship she was used to. She couldn't even tell him her last name, or anything about her, or her family. Ian thought this was his fault. If he didn't sleep with that guy none of this would have happened.
Jacob got worried about Hannah she hasn't called, or texted, or met him at the abandoned building for the last couple of days. He decided to go to her house it was only a couple blocks away. He walked up to her front porch steps and knocked on the door. Mickey got up and opened the door. He thought it was Hannah and Ian ready to come home but he didn't get his hopes up. The door opened. "Who the fuck are you," Mickey said.
     "I'm Jacob I'm here to see Hannah," Jacob said intimidated by Mickey.
     "She's not home right now who are you to her anyway?" Mickey questioned.
     "I'm her boyfriend," Jacob said proudly. If Jacob knew who he was talking to he would have never said that.
     "You're her what?" Mickey got closer to him. Jacob walked backward down the steps. Before he could say or do anything a punch hit him in the nose. It was so hard that he fell backward on to the ground. Mickey kept on beating him up. The punches getting harder each time. Hannah kept this from him. Hannah walked to her house to talk to Mickey. Even though she loves the Gallaghers like family she wanted to be home. She turned the corner. She saw what was happening.
     "Shit" she yelled running up to them. She got Mickey off of Jacob. Hannah kneeled by Jacob "I'm sorry."
     "Let's go," Mickey said. She got up and ran with Mickey. She didn't want to get caught with Jacob and people thinking she beat him up. Jacob pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed 911.
Hannah and Mickey stopped in a back alley. "What the fuck is wrong with you," Hannah said in between deep breaths.
     "You could of told me you had a boyfriend."
     "You didn't need to know I thought that it would put more stress on you and he didn't want anything to do with Milkovichs."
     "He didn't know you were one."
     "No he didn't you know who you are turning into Mikhailo? Dad that's who." She called him by the name his father gave him the name he hated. She went on "the drinking the fighting just like him."
     "My name is Mickey."
     "No, the fuck it's not it's Mikhailo you gave yourself that name because you didn't like the one dad gave you Mikhailo." She started to walk to the sidewalk.
     "Fuck you, Hannah you're a bitch."
     "Fuck you too," she said as she walked away. Mickey stood not believing what Hannah told him. Hannah walked with tears in her eyes but you just don't cry in public on the south side. You do it where no one can hear you where no one could see you. A tear fell from her eye she quickly wiped it away.
     Hannah walked to the Gallaghers. She sat on Ian's bed. She cried. She let everything out. Carl walked into the room "you ok Hannah?"
     "I'm fine" Hannah lied. She wasn't fine she never is when she says she is.
     "Hannah you're not fine I'm not that stupid," Carl said.
     "It's Mickey he's messed up he's acting just like my dad." Carl knew this wasn't good. Hannah didn't need another person like her dad in her life.
     "It's going to be ok," Carl said.
     Hannah stood up "I'm tired of people telling me that it's never going to be ok." Hannah walked out of the room.
     The police and an ambulance came when Jacob called. They took him to the hospital. He was ok just bruises, cuts, and a few bruised ribs. Alex talked him into pressing charges on Mickey. Jacob just couldn't believe Hannah didn't tell him she was a Milkovich. He thought this was probably why. The next time they saw each other he was going to break up with her.
     Hannah went to the hospital. She knew Jacob would be there. He's not from the south side so he's not used to getting beat up and letting it go. She was going to break up with him. There was just no way that they would work together anymore. Hannah got there and walked up to the front desk "is a kid named Jacob here?"
     "Yes, who are you to him?" The lady behind the desk asked.
     "I'm his girlfriend." Those words hurt Hannah to say but it was the only way they would let her see him.
     "He's in room 204," the lady said.
     "Thanks."
     Hannah walked to Jacob's room. "Hey," she said as she walked in.
     "Hey," Jacob said sitting up.
     "I'm sorry" Hannah mumbled. It wasn't something you said being a Milkovich.
     "Well, you could of just said you were a Milkovich and none of this would of happened" Jacob hissed.
     Hannah looked up at him "you don't get it do you if you live on the south side you are going to have to run into a Milkovich one time or another." Hannah didn't tell him anything that was going on in her life. Her depression, Mickey drinking, the fighting. She didn't want him to know. She didn't want anyone to know. He wouldn't get it he wouldn't understand her. She didn't open up to people the only person she did was Ian.
     "Really that's what you have to tell him after your brother beat me up."
     "Yeah, that's what I have to tell you-you shouldn't of gone to my house."
     "I care about you Hannah I wanted to see if you were ok." Hannah was surprised. Did he really care about her?
     She didn't care "well, I'm fine."
     "Oh, nice to know."
     "I don't think this is going to work."
     Jacob looked up "no I'm supposed to break up with you."
     "Well I did it first," Hannah started to walk out of the room.
     "You need to get some help Hannah" Jacob yelled. That made Hannah's blood boil.
     "Fuck you," she said and walked out of the room.