Chapter 11 "Are We Going Home And Going To See Mickey?"

Hannah woke up in her brother's bed. She breathed in his scent from his pillow. It smelled like cigarettes and alcohol. She sat up and looked around. Ian and Mickey's clothes were everywhere. She missed both of them. Her plan was to go try to get Ian out of the hospital.
Hannah walked into the hospital. The smell made her sick. The lady at the front desk grabbed her attention "uh who are you here to see?" Hannah shook her head.
     "Actually I'm here to see if I can get my friend out Ian Gallagher."
     "Yeah we can see if that can happen you can go sit in the waiting room," the lady said. Hannah walked over to one of the chairs and sat down. Ian walked out with a guard. He was sedated she could tell by the way his eyes were blank and he showed no emotion.
     "Hey Ian," Hannah said as she hugged him.
      The nurse that usually dealt with Ian came into the room "Ian Gallagher?" Hannah and Ian walked back into a different room with the nurse. Hannah and Ian sat down the nurse sat behind her desk. The nurse looked through some papers on her desk "so what happened to get you back here?" The nurse and Hannah looked at Ian. The look on his face made Hannah know he didn't want to talk.
     "He lit a police car on fire by accident" Hannah finally said.
     The nurse shook her head "um who are you to him?"
     "I'm his friend."
     "Ok so why do you want him out of here we can help him."
     "Yeah no, you can't last time he was here he wasn't fine till two months later I need him his family needs him."
     "I have to have more information to let him out." Hannah didn't want to give her any more details but if it would get Ian out she would.
     "Ok so a while back I got diagnosed with depression then I got a boyfriend and I told Ian to keep it away from my brother, Ian's boyfriend, my bother drank a lot my boyfriend ended up going to my house and my bother beat him and went to jail Ian lit the car on fire from a stressed manic episode" Hannah explained.
     "Oh, so you have a mental illness too?"
     Hannah didn't want to say she did but she said "yes."
     "How old are you?" the nurse asked.
     "I'm 19."
     "Well from my conclusion I can not let you take him."
     "Why the fuck not?"
     "Because I need a person who is an adult and doesn't have a mental issue."
     "He needs to be out and I'm the only adult you're gonna get."
     "His parents?"
     "Dead and a drunk."
     "Siblings?"
      "The oldest one called him in the other in college won't be back until Saturday."
     "Well you are gonna have to wait until Saturday." Hannah was going to fight with the nurse more but she stopped herself not in front of Ian. Ian stood up. Hannah hugged him.
     "Are we going home and going to see Mickey?" Ian asked. Hannah let go. It made her sad that she couldn't take him and let him see Mickey.
     "No I'm gonna call Lip we'll get you Saturday and then go see Mickey," Hannah said trying to be happy. Ian nodded his head.
Hannah walked to the Gallaghers hoping Fiona wasn't there. She walked in the door. Carl was sitting on the couch Liam next to him. "Hey," Carl said standing up.
     "I need Lip to get Ian out," Hannah said walking in the kitchen. She got a beer out of the fridge. She chugged it. Then he walked out the front door again. She didn't know what she was doing at all. So many thoughts in her head killing her.
     Carl walked out after her "Hannah you're not ok come back."
     "I'm fine" Hannah yelled back. Carl knew what she meant by fine.
     "Hannah fucking get back here."
     "No."
      "Hannah please."
     "Jesus Christ no."
      "Hannah I fucking love you get back here." Hannah wanted to turn around and go back but she couldn't she needed to stay strong. "Don't make me come after you oh my god" Carl ran. He grabbed her waist and turned her around. Carl looked down into Hannah's eyes. He could see so much pain in them. "Don't ever run away from me again" Carl said.
     Hannah smiled "don't tell me what to do." They kissed.
They walked back into the house. "Hannah" Liam yelled as he ran up to her. His baby voice made her smile.
     She picked him up "I have to call your bother than I'll come to watch tv with you."
     "Where's Ian?" he wined.
     Hannah stopped smiling "he'll be back soon." She put Liam down and walked into the kitchen. She sat down at the table Carl doing the same. Hannah called Lip.
     He picked up on the first ring "I heard what happened is he ok?"
     "Yeah but I need you to get him out."
     "I can't come back until Saturday."
     "I know but would you get him out I need him." Lip didn't say a word. Hannah needed him she had no one.
     "Yes," Lip finally said.
     Hannah felt relieved "Thanks."
     "Bye" Lip hung up the phone.
     "He's going to help," Hannah said with a smile. Carl saw her eyes light up. The pain was slowly going away. It was still there but you could see less of it in her eyes.