I wearily glance at my phone, no messages, or missed calls. Leaving me a little disappointed.

What was I thinking? Foolishly getting my my hopes up by giving Tim my number, the one he was supposed to pass on, so Nathan may have called me, or even sent a text by now.

Absolutely nothing from me or anyone else I knew has been heard or seen of Nathan Scott. Or maybe he told them to not say anything.. so I guess I'm being ghosted?

I run a hand through my tangled bed hair and start to think even more into the situation, that's not really a situation, but I'm making something of it? I wanted to slap myself because it's all coming across rather needy, all because I kinda miss someone, whom I barely even knew.  Not to mention, he's got a lot of baggage and for someone who has a freaking girlfriend, but not? That it was probably not even worth the drama that would come with that particular territory.

Rolling out of bed, feeling rather fresh on a Sunday morning, I decided to make the most of my day off and go into town.  I knew I needed to study, but that could wait till a little later.  I wasn't in any mood to study, or take in any information, other than the one person who was consuming all the space in my mind.

Whilst getting ready, I sent Haley a message thinking she was free to join me.  Unfortunately for me, Brooke was too busy preparing some sample garments for an assignment she had been raving on about all week.  Lucas was busy and so was Peyton, but I only learnt that, after he'd mentioned that randomly amongst our messages.  To be honest, I was almost certain we were both on the last of each other's lists of people we'd want to be hanging out with, right now.

I'd still hadn't heard a peep from Haley and was getting tired of waiting.   Taking action, I left my room and went down the hall and knocked on the door several times, but no answer.  Finally a text came through from her.

Haley: Sorry, busy at the moment :(. X

Me: Too busy to see your own sister?? 

I knew there was no use in wallowing over her absence and any issue going into town solo, but sometimes having some company would be nice. I hated being alone; even if it was my own fault due to my anti-social ways.  Being a homebody just seemed like a better option, most times.

One booking later, I made my way in a short Uber ride into the town.

I drew in a deep breath upon stepping out of the departing vehicle when I shut the door gently behind me. 

The sun is out, which I felt soaking the warmth into my pale skin and closed my eyes for a moment to enjoy the feeling, until my bag began to vibrate from a message, one I expected ages ago.

Haley: You know what I'm like, I can't say no, especially to helping someone.

She replied and I frowned instantly at the message. She hadn't bothered to offer to hang later, or a different day.  I knew it was always up to me to pester her, time and time again to even see her these days.  It was starting to become a joke, like I needed to have an appointment to spend time with my sister.

Me: But you can say no to me, all the time.

Rather than having to wait a long time again, she was quick to reply.

Haley: I can't always drop everything for you.  I have my own life and so do you, go and live it.

Shaking my head in disbelief, I roughly shove my phone away, rather than starting one of our world war fights, which were just a waste of time. Stubborn vs Stubborn – it was bound to go nowhere.