Suddenly, I couldn't move. My eyesight became blurred, and there was a jab of pain in my arm.  

**

I woke up and looked around. I was in a plain white room, strapped to a bed. I tried to move, but pain erupted in my body. I slowly moved my head to the side and saw dozens of needles plugged into my arm.

Then, I realized that I was not alone.

I stared at a woman who was wearing baby blue scrubs. The moment she saw my eyes flutter open, she stuck her head out of the room. "Doctor! She is awake!"

A middle aged man joined us in the small room. "Mackenzie, how are you feeling?"

"Bad. Lots of pain.", I coughed out, my throat completely dry.

The doctor nodded. "The medication should start to kick in any minute."

I realized how confused I was. "What happened?"

"You were hit by a car. You broke your left arm, two ribs, and dislocated your right shoulder."

My eyes roamed over the room, searching for the one person I wanted to see. "Who brought me here? Was it a man named Harry?"

He nodded. "Yes. He left a few hours ago."

When I heard those words come out of the doctor's mouth, my heart broke. Harry wasn't here.

I thought that was a dream, but right now, I couldn't tell real from fake. I was too in too much physical and emotional pain. 

I silently cried to myself as the nurse tested my blood pressure. Imaginary tears streamed down my face.

Suddenly, I heard a knock at my door. The nurse opened it, revealing a tired looking Harry.

When he saw me, he ran to my side, taking my hand. "I wanted to be here when you woke up."

I was too exhausted to reply, so I just stared into Harry's eyes.

We maintained eye contact as he cupped his hands around my face. "When I saw you get hit by that car, I felt like I was the one who got hit. You have no idea how much it hurts to see the one you love in pain. I am so sorry for everything, Kenz. I realized that life is too short to fight, to not enjoy every moment of it. I realized how much you mean to me, how much I love you. I realized that there is one thing that I am missing in life- a wife."

I watched as Harry knelt by my bed and took out a small little box. "When I saw you in the hospital bed, still passed out, it killed me. I need you in my life because you are my life. I ran down to the jewelers and got this.", he said while showing me the beautiful diamond ring that sat comfortably in the box.