Chapter 3

November 12 5:25 AM
(Jeff)
       Twelve days. Twelve days since everything changed for us. I was sitting on a beanbag in my room with Smile. His tongue hung out of the side of his mouth lazily as his head rested on my lap. His eyes were glazed over and he hadn't done much lately. He doesn't eat much unless I force something down his throat.
       Jack hasn't been any better. He only leaves his room to train and even then, his performance has dropped. He gets cuts and scrapes more often and he carries himself differently.
     Smile misses Sally immensely. I sometimes feel him get off the bed at night and I know where he goes. As for me, I miss them both. Sally was always cheerful and caring,
(Y/n) had a mouth but, she was a good person.
      I get up and Smile lies his head back down in the spot my lap previously occupied. My black shirt now covered in dog fur. I was too lazy to put on my hoodie so I decided to just suck it up. Time to start the day.

Jane is already up and eating breakfast in the kitchen. "Hey beautiful, already waiting for me?" Her gaze lifts from her plate and to me. I smirk as I know what is going to happen next. She says nothing as she slowly rises from her chair. I sprint out of the kitchen, ducking my head. A great choice as seconds later, a knife flies past my head. Jane rounds the corner and I make my way towards the training deck. Halfway there, she realizes where I'm going and begins to slow down. "What's wrong love? Tired already?" I laugh.
"If you wanted to train, you could've just asked." she heaves.
"Yeah but that was way more fun." She huffs and continues walking as I keep running towards the training deck.

1:13 PM

        I'm just about ready to start another match. I find the ones between Jane and myself last a lot longer than most. Right now it's 20-22 with me up by two. I have a few bruises and cuts but nothing major. I walk over to Jane, who has her face buried in her hands. "Hey, are you alright?" I ask.
"I, I don't know. I've been having dreams lately and," she sighs, "Someone talks to me. I think it's Zalgo."
"Why would he be trying to get to you. Maybe the dreams are just that. Dreams."
"Okay well you don't hear it Jeffrey!" she barks. I throw my hands up.
"Jeez. Okay grouchy. You ready to start up again?"
"Yea just give me a second." I back away and go to the entrance to the training room.

A few minutes later, I hear the warning that the doors are about to open. 3, 2 ,1. The doors lift and me and Jane charge at each other. I dodge her knife as she tries to go for my calf. Swinging my knife around, I snag the back of her arm. She gives a frustrated sigh as she clutches the scrape. I chuckle and twirl my knife in my hand. "You're losin' it love." She charges at me once more and pins me to the floor. I flip her over and stick the edge of my blade at her neck. The horn rings to stop and she shoves me off. Jane storms off, hair swaying as she moves. Still on the ground, I watch her leave. I'm confused because she's usually not too upset when she loses. Well, she is but, not like that. I walk out of the door that she left through and find her right next to it on the other side with her back to the wall and looking up at the ceiling. "What's wrong?" I ask her.
"Nothing Jeffrey." I sigh and sit to her right.
"The dreams?" Jane looked at me. Her eyes seemingly not there. She looked away and confirmed my question with a nod.
   "What about them?"
   "Everything! I swear he's screaming at me. He screams to me about how it was my fault Sally is gone. How it's going to be my fault
(Y/n) dies. How it's my fault my family died."
    "Jane," I said, "we all know why your parents died. It was me, not you. I killed them all." She looked at me wit a sarcastic and annoyed look. "Right." I said, slightly sorry. Slightly.
    "We need to fix everything. If we keep waiting to attack, I have a bad feeling we're not going to last too much longer."
    "Hey, relax. We're going to be just fine.
(Y/n) knows what to do. Sally, well we can't change what happened. It wasn't your fault. You didn't know it would happen. No one did." Jane sighed and nodded. I heard her sniffle and I lifted myself up. I offered my hand to her and she took it willingly. I open my arms, seeing if I'm allowed to comfort her. She also accepts my offer for a hug. "That's enough training for one day." I smile at her and she chuckles.

    3:12 PM
     Jane and I have lunch in the antechamber of the training room. After she left, I walked back into the main part of the mansion. I heard a rustling in the kitchen. I popped my head in and saw Smile eating out of his bowl. I laughed and his head perked up. His tail wagged back and forth as he walked over to me. Smile followed me as I walked up the stairs and to my room.
    Walking into my bathroom, I turn on the shower and wait for it to heat up. I take off the black shirt that had a small slit it the arm from Jane. I look into my mirror and look at myself. It's become a habit for me to look at what I've become. Sometimes I remember what I used to look like before I was burned. "God, how did I live? I look so much better now!" I laugh at myself. The scars on my chest are kind of like trophies to me. I feel like they almost define me. I put my hair up as the mirror started to fog up and jumped in the shower.
    I started by just rubbing off my arms and neck. I stuck my face in the water, covering my eyes, and began to scrub. As I opened my eyes, red replaced the clear water. "Who's changing the pipes again!" I yell to no one in particular. Annoyed I stand there and wait for the water to come back on. At least it's not cold. Could be wor- I lose the thought as I slip and land on my ass. What the fuck! I stay on the floor of the shower , starting to get angry. I faced the wall as the blood hit my back. I try turning the tap off and back on. To my surprise, it works. Heh, I'm so smart. I finish off my shower with no other interruptions. I grab my towel and wrap it around my waist. The water on me slips down onto the tile below. Wiping away the fog from the mirror, I jump at who stares back it me. It's, old me. My skin is a pale peach and my nose a slight red. My short brown hair is shaggy and soft, unlike my black dead hair. My blue eyes have lids and my long eyelashes lace them, a sight that was long gone. The scars on my body are gone and everything is as it was the day before the accident. Scared of to look at the vision before me, I race out of the bathroom. I look at my closet mirror and it's the same. But as I turn around, I'm in my parents room, the knife I used is in my hand. "Honey," my mom starts, "get the gun! We-" she looks at me. I hear my voice, only, I'm not the one speaking.
   "Mommy, you lied." I feel myself charge at her and when I stop my feet, I see myself stabbing my parents. The vision of myself looks at me. He walks out of the room casually. Liu! I run towards his room and try to stop myself. Instead, he phases through me and opens the door. I see Liu look at me. "Go—to—sleep."
    "Liu!" I yell. I try to move but I can't. I see Zalgo in the corner, smiling maliciously. The scene before me disappears and I'm in a room of all red. (Y/n) is in front of Zalgo, eyes as red as a rose. Her face is still, no expression. Zalgo tilts her chin to look at him and, like a puppet, she follows. "(Y/n)." I say with a low tone. Zalgo places a hand behind her head and another across her body and his hand on the opposite side of her face. "(Y/n)!" Zalgo smiles and once again, I'm looking at me. This is what she's seeing. "Help me. Please." Her voice cries. I get an uneasy feeling as the grip around my head tightens. Oh no. I'm back in my own body in time to see Zalgo twist his hands. The snap of the bones is loud enough to make me uneasy. Her limp body then falls to the floor. When I run towards them, I trip over an unseen mass and fall to the floor. When I look up, I'm back in my room. The mass I tripped over turns out to be Smile and everything is normal. My skin is a bleached white and lower body covered in a towel, hair black, and scars returned. Smile looks at me, clearly confused. Catching my breath, he moves over to my chest to comfort me. I drag myself backwards onto the beanbag. Smile lies his head on my lap, and we both fall asleep.

End of chapter 3

Did I or did I not say I promised an update on or before Saturday. Well hopefully you'll enjoy this. As I'm typing, I'm steeling my nerves Bc I'm about to preform in a play called Aladdin Jr and it's terrifying 😂. I'm baaaarely getting over my block. So we'll see how this goes!! Thank you guys for sticking w meeeee 💜❤️🖤🧡💛💚❣️💕💘💖💗💓💝 I love uuuu!!!! But as always guys, I'll see u in the next chapter!!!