9: Wattpad Doesn't Care About What I Report

Date: 15 March 2019

Rumor: Wattpad doesn't care what I report. It's useless! They don't do anything at all!

Answer: No.

~~~

Have you ever reported something on Wattpad but don't know if it got settled? Then you try reporting and reporting again hoping they will take action but you still don't have any updates?

Well, you might be doing it wrong from the first go.

Note that the majority of the times, submitting only 1 ticket is sufficient as long as you provide all the necessary information.

What counts as necessary? Complete description of the matter (e.g. why are you reporting a user or a story? Are you affected by the other user's action? Since when? and so on) and evidences that support your report (mainly screenshots... public conversation and such).

Don't send multiple tickets for the same matter. That causes ticket traffic and your report may not get solved immediately. Most cases are different from each other so I can't classify them the same way.

So what should you do?

Let's say you've reported a bug (app issues, etc.), a user (e.g. for bullying, harassment, etc.) or a story (banned content or media, etc.), here's what you should do...

1. Go to support.wattpad.com.

If you've spoken to me or to another Wattpad Ambassador regarding an issue, you may have seen our responses mentioning this Support link and having evidence to support your ticket. You can submit tickets on this link, view what you've reported, and even see the status of the site.

(My screenshots are all from Chrome mobile. It's not that different when using your desktop browser.)

2

2. Once you're on the Support page, select the three-lines at the upper right hand of the screen.

 Once you're on the Support page, select the three-lines at the upper right hand of the screen