Chapter 13

Y/n POV
---------

My eyes shoot open. Those vivid horrible images play in my head. The red eyes...the drowning...the screaming. My nightmares are getting worse. I sit up and feel my heart. It beats rapidly at an unnatural speed. "the hell.." I wipe the sweat from my forehead with my sleeve. My eyes meet up with the bird skull on my dresser. It's empty sockets almost starring back. Sighing, flopping back on my bed. Mom says I have to pay a visit to my therapist today. I would stay home but I honestly don't have a choice. Well...think about it now..I kinda...need it. These dreams are not normal.

After eating breakfast and doing my usual morning routine,I slip on my coat and mittens. I don't understand how just two weeks ago it was warm and raining..and now its freezing cold. I wait by the window. A thick layer of soft show can be seen from down below. "Lets go sweetheart"

"Ok mom" I respond

We walk down the hall and Lisa stands by the elevator, vacuuming the old carpets. Her and my mom greet each other. "Where are you two off to?"

"Oh just her monthly visit to the therapist" my mom explains. I don't mind if Lisa knows, she's basically like my aunt. Her and my mom go way back. There basically bff sisters....I give myself a facepalm. "Bff sisters" I snicker.

"Y/n, who are you talking to?" my mom tilts her head.

"Oh I didn't mean to say that out loud" I laugh. She gives me a shrug and presses the elevator button. The door slides open, down the hall is Sal and his dad Mr.Fisher.
I blush a little. 'I should've worn this jacket' Mom opens up are mailbox locker thing....I don't know what it's called. Mr.Fisher already has his open, he's reading his mail.

"Looks like the school sent Sal a welcoming mail" Mr. Fisher looks in my moms direction.

"Really? That's good. That means he will be joining Y/n soon" she looks at me and smiles. I smile at her and then back at Sal. Sal waves to me smiling back. He wears his black hoodie, blue and black striped gloves, and green earmuffs. Absolutely a freakin adorable.

"You guys are all dressed up, where ya headin off to?"

"Oh just the doctors, getting a little check up is all" my mom responds.

"Alrighty, be careful out there the roads are slippery today" he warns us. My mom thanks Sals dad while we exit the building. The sound of crunching show echoes through the cold air. A white blanket covers the sky. I'm so distracted by the scenery, that I don't notice my mom way ahead of me. My legs start to sprint caring me to her. When I catch up to her I turn to her and smile.

"What" she smirks and looks down at me.

"Thanks mom" my smile widens. She doesn't say anything for a while but then she returns the smile. She pats my head "I wouldn't go putting your business out there". Mom is so understanding. It would be awkward if my friends knew I went to therapy. I don't seem like the type to I guess. I enter the car and take a seat. The button that locks all the doors is pressed by my finger . Its a habit of mine. When you just get that feeling that the car door is going to magically swing open as your driving. Happened to me once while my mom was driving me back from school. I try to let my mind wonder. But all i see are those eyes...a shiver goes down my spine just thinking about them. I decided to just use my phone until we got there.

~~~

"Hm...how long has this dream been going on" Miss.Heather, my therapist ask.

"....a few months. It's never happened before. It's just-It keeps repeating"

"It doesn't seem bad enough for a physiologist but...this definitely isn't normal" she clicks her pen while thinking. A worried look on my face. She ask me if Im comfortable with telling my mom. I simply tell her no..I don't want mom worrying.

"The best I could tell you is, next time you have this dream. Try to control it. The mind is very powerful. Try not to be afraid and conquer over them. If I gets worse or it's to much...you might have to pay a visit to the physiologist" she looks at me with a worried yet kind smile. I just look to the floor with a blank gaze. I know this is worse then it seems. For all I know I could be slowly losing my mind. But...it doesn't feel like it. Only when I sleep it does.

Miss.Heathers advice helps a LOT. I've had lucid dreams before but...I don't know what would happen if I tried fighting back. I eventually nod my head to show her that I understand.

~~~

I blush from nervousness while looking out of the car window. We pull up and there waits Larry, Todd, and Chug. I didn't expect them to be out here. What are they even doing? My mom heads upstairs. I stay outside.

"Hey Y/n!" Larry waves at me. I wave back as I walk up to him. Todd and Chug are in the background having some sort of a show ball fight. This makes me crack a smile.

"We just came out here so perfect timing. Just be careful though..ice boy throws pretty hard—" before larry could finish a snowball hits the back of his head, making me jump. I could of sworn his soul left his body for a second.

"Oh sorry!! I didnt..." Sal clears his throat "I mean...let's see what you've got Larry Face" his eyes squint. Sally clearly didn't mean to hit his head like that. This causes Larry to lurch his head back up and give him a playful death glare.

"Bring it frostboy!"

They both start throwing snowballs at each other at a inhuman speed. I watch them, nonplussed. Im guess they don't have the 'no face' rule either. The college kids walk out of the building and decide to join. Im guess they brought friends because I don't recognize any of them..

"Pewdiepieeee, my mannn" Larry waves at CJ in his wheelchair

"If you don't—" CJ cracks a smile "you know what, I'm gonna send my boys after you." CJ looks at the two males by his side. One looks like it could be his brother and the other looks edgy. Larry gives a worried look and regrets that comment. The two boys smile, the ball up the snow already in there hands and get ready to launch.

"Fuck this shit IM OUT—" Larry ducks underneath an bush and almost got hit. Me and Sal laugh at his struggling and gather snow for ourselves. Larry's high pitched screams make me laugh the whole time. "Larry will you shut up" I say as I throw a snowball in his direction. My laugh is out of control at this point. The show ball accident hits Sal in the back of his neck......shit.

Sal slowly turns his head in my direction, before he could even blink I take off. I'm not trying to have my head shoved three feet in the snow. But of course....he's following me. My heart starts to pound and then I start to laugh. 'No no no no no no nooooooo' I didn't even know my lazy ass had the ability to run this fast. I keep running and running until I feel like I'm father enough.....I lost him. A grin of victory appears right across my face.

"Ha ha ha" I snicker and take the chance to look at my surroundings. The smile on my face soon fades. It's...silent....and dark. I mean I can see but the trees block out a lot of lighting. And the trees are so...thin. I start walking further..this is like one of those horror movies where the girl makes all dumb choices. "Yeah nope" I turn right back around and try to find the way out.

~~~

....."Sal?....SALLL" I call out his name. It's been ten minutes and I'm still in this god forsaken forest. I start to get nervous and annoyed with myself for running in here to being with. I hear strange noises..like sounds of leaves and shuffling. My feet stops in its tracks. Slowly, my head turns to the direction of the noise.

There stands a tall male in a white hoodie and black pants. His jet black shoulder length hair pokes out the sides of his hood... with a knife in his hand. But the most terrifying part was....his face.

I couldn't see his face. His hair was covering it. I nearly let out a scream and started sprinting away. The corners of my eyes teared up from shock. Loud footsteps echo from behind me. This makes my heart almost come out of my chest. I continue to run until I bump into a familiar figure.