Chapter 3

Y/n POV

My eyes open. Looking at my surroundings. I'm in my bed comfortable. Dang it I did it again! I fell asleep. Looking at the clock it was three pm, luckily not too late. I grunted and lift myself off the bed. No one was home from what I can tell.  Mom must be out somewhere, wonder why she didn't tell me. This is the perfect chance to explore the apartment. Not that I wasn't allowed out, I just didn't want her worried about me. I slipped on my slippers and jacket I walked out the door locking it behind me.

I entered the elevator head to the second floor. At this point I have no idea what I'm doing but! I guess that's what explorers do. The elevator opens and I'm surprised. Two officers stand guard at Charleys front door. I run up to the scene and police tell me to stay back with the crowd. Yellow police tape is keeping us from seeing what's going on inside the apartment but on the other side stood...Sally? What is he even doing here? A second later Charley was being walked out of his apartment with handcuffs. The crowd was asked to stand back. We made a path to let them through.A frown on my face. What is going on?

~~~

     Ok!here we go! I walk from the back of the building all the way to the front there sat the police car with Charley inside. I'm not supposed to be out here but I was so curious. I needed answers. Sally was standing on the side of the police car in front of Charleys window. I quickly hid behind a bush as an officer walked out of the building. He walks up to Sally and looks down at him with a smile.

" Good job Sally! we're really happy to have a young detective on our side, without you this case would've been cast aside" The officer thanks him.

They shake hands and officer enters his car. The thing that disturbs me the most about this all, was Charleys last words before he left...

" I'm innocent, I swear. I thought you were my friend!". Sally didn't reply but instead walked over to the ambulance car. He observed what was inside. Unfortunately i couldn't see but from his reaction I could tell it was a gruesome sight.

Before I had the chance to see for myself, the officers and ambulance was long gone. I got up from the bush. Great, now Charley is gone and me coming here was pointless. Who would of ever known that he was the killer. I almost begin to doubt it. Charley was a pretty creepy guy but I never would imagine him harming anyone. Luckily Sally did not notice me. He walked inside the building. Something about the guy disturb me. I don't know what it is. Maybe I'm just being too judgmental because of that mask.Maybe I just don't understand him...

While walking down the hall see my mom talking to a man. Woah? he also has blue hair. Oh man, don't tell me he's related to Sally. Just as I was about to enter my home acting like I didn't exist my mom calls my name. I jump up and turn to her in response.

"Did you hear about what the new neighbor heroic son did?" She says with excited tone. So this must be Sallys dad. I smile at the fact that his hair is blue too. They must really have a thing for blue hair dye.

" He found the murder! He solved the case!" mom turns to Sallys dad and finishes " Your boy is really something, this is unbelievable," I can already tell that she's making Sallys dad uncomfortable. Great, now we're definitely seen as the weird family. I sigh. I just hope she doesn't ask-

" Would you like to join us for dinner next Saturday?" The one question I hope my mom wouldn't ask...has been asked.

"I would be delighted to" His dad smiles from her kind offer. My skin grows pale. My mom is all about this invite your new neighbor to dinner thing. She's known as one of the nice adults in this apartment. I don't know how I feel about this. I'm already on edge about this Sally guy but it's not like he can do anything. I'm just being a little paranoid. Just as I was about to go inside of the house I hear my mom ask another question.

"Which school is your boy attending?"

"Oh, he won't be attending school yet , but when he does he will be going to Nockfell High"

Nockfell High? that's my high school. The worst place on the planet. I FRIZZEN HATE HIGH SCHOOL! Good thing where on break for now. I'll have to go back to that hell hole soon.

Authors Note: HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! Don't worry I didn't give up on this story! Just very busy ;-; ...