Chapter 9

This morning is a little windy. I wait by the bus stop with Larry, Todd, and this other kid with green hair. Larry is excited to go to school with me. I am too. He asked me to sit next to him which is heaven. No one is really pleased when I sit next to them so having a friend to finally sit with is great. I smile to myself. Sally is most likely sleep since he can stay up late. He's not coming to school yet. I look at Larry, hands in his pockets. "Hey Larry"

"Yeah"

"I don't think I've ever seen what your hands look like. Since there always in your pockets" I smirk. Everyone at the bus stop starts laughing. Larry snickered and slowly pulled a little out. Then he quickly put them back in. "You'll never know" he smiles and turns his head away. "Awwww commoooooonn" I smile but that quickly fades as the bus pulls up. We all get on and like planned, I sit by Larry in the three-seater. Todd and this other boy sit in the two-seater across from us. I feel...safe. I look behind me and see glares from people. Some look shocked and surprised. Then I quickly turn back around. Larry is liked by a lot of people in the school. I'm hated by a lot of people in the school. You can say he's like one of those popular guys that girls fangirl over. I thought the evil looks where the usually ones I get, but the surprised looks from the back of the bus are new. It probably has to do with Larry and me sitting together. I shrink down in my seat.  'At least I have a bus buddy now' I would laugh but they might attack me later or something. I think look and see that Larrys hands are still in his pocket even when she's sitting. Speaking of Larrys hands!...I've never seen Sallys face before. I'm pretty sure Larry saw it. I dont even know how he got his prosthetic in the first place...I look down at my hands. Maybe somethings are just not meant to be talked about...

~~~

I head off to my locker alone. I'm lost in my thoughts at the moment. Thinking about how I can't wait to go home when I just got here. You know, the usual. "oof" I suddenly bump into someone.  "I am so sorry!!" I look up to see Amber and Kelly. They give me a annoyed look. I try to walk past them, apologizing again quickly but Amber grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"Woah woah woah goody two-shoes where do you think your going?" she snickers. I try to gently yank my arm back but she keeps a tight grip. "Let go" she ignores me and lifts my arm up to get a look better look at my attire. "nice outfit, it really shows how broke you are" Amber comments. They both laugh historically and let go of my arm. I roll my eyes and walk away. I don't need to be the center of attention this early in the morning. Screw them! They make life difficult. I walk down the hall frustrated.

Todd's POV
-------------

I see a familiar face walk down the hall. I wait for her to stop but she keeps going and bumps into me. "Crap!" she whispers and rubs the side of her face. Then slowly looks up at me. "Hey you're that laundry girl" She doesn't seem to like this and sends me a glare. Oh no did I mess up. I rub the back of my head. "I apologize, I didn't mean to come off so rude" I quickly say. "oh it's fine really haha" she smiles but I can tell its fake.

We walk down the hallway. No one is really out here since class is about to start. "Hey I didn't really catch your name last time...vending machine guy" she smirks. I laugh at her comment. We introduce each other with no awkwardness and part our separate ways. She honestly seems like a cool person. Looks like I made a new friend.

Y/n POV
-----------

'Todd...Tooooddd. Remember that'  I say to myself while walking in class. Again I get looks but I ignore it. I make my way to my seat and don't even bother read the note that's left on the desk. I crumble it up and throw it out from my seat landing a shot in the trash. I hear disappointed moans from the back of the class. 'Those assholes' I roll my eyes. Let the day begin...