C H A P T E R - 41

Start from the beginning

Before I could utter something he turned and moved inside the OT leaving me to analyse his words and my current situation in the Shekhawat family.

I looked at the glass door for last time and dragged my exhausted body to one of the visitor's chair beside Andy who was talking to Grandpa over the phone informing him about Abbey's health.

Several positive as well as negative thoughts came across my sub conscious mind . Should I stay there and support my family or run back to the castle because still I wasn't fully accepted by the family and I didn't want to be an intruder there.

No sooner my mind could jump on a conclusion I felt his familiar hand tapping my shoulder.I opened my eyes and found him standing at my right side with a frown crowing his forehead.

I forced a tired smile to assure him that it was the symptom of continuous tiredness and nothing else.

"Strawberry be ready ,once Mom and Dad will come out,we'll enter to meet Abbey..I am sure he must feel more happy to see you than me.."Randhir said to me tucking my fingers in his firm grip .

My body hairs stood at the end remembering his mother's vicious words she said to me moments ago . Luckily Randhir wasn't around or else one of us would have been out of his life and probably it might be her.

"Umm Randhir I was thinking that you and Andy should go first..I will see him later.."I said .

He gave me a frustrated look but didn't loose his grip over my right hand.

"Randhir your mother won't like my presence over there.Perhaps her blood pressure again rise high and I don't want to be the reason of her getting into any health risk.."I said firmly.

"Why are you so stubborn Strawberry ,when I say we're going to see him together I meant it now stop wasting our time for a silly reason.."he said and without waiting for my reply he dragged us inside the ward.

I shuddered looking at the various machines in the room and in the centre there was lying my best friend over the bed .

My blood froze into the veins witnessing him attached to many wires .His strong body became fragile and skin pale but his eyes had the same sparkle .They were celebrating his victory over the death.

And that moment I forget about the world and ran to clasp him in my embrace .I didn't even care about what Randhir might felt .I did what my heart told me was right thing to do.

"Hey..little sister.."he smiled weakly.

My eyes welled up again but I tried to hold my feeble side and gave him a light hug.

"I was scared..Abbey.."I said holding his cold hands.

"I am fine little angel..and soon we'll hang out like before.."he tried to cheer me and squeezed my hand.

"Yeah..I am waiting for you to be fit first.."I said .

"Hey brother I am here as well if you're done with your best friend.."Randhir appeared in front of the bed with his hands pocketed in his jeans pocket.

He wore a neutral emotion to pretend to be strong and not much affected but the expression of relief in his dark eyes were enough to expose his veil of artificial emotions.

"Sorry bro but actually I hadn't noticed that you're here.Please don't blame me because it's your beloved wife whose presence made me forget anyone else.."Abbey smirked at his brother whose faced turned annoyed by his words.

"Okay then you're prohibited to even see her from now .."this time Randhir gave him a devilish grin.

"Jealous ass.."Abbey rolled his eyes.

"I heard it.."Randhir countered back.

"Randhir.. please stop teasing him..he needs rest.."I whispered to my husband who was acting ridiculously with his unwell brother.

"You should teach this to your best friend Strawberry.."he glared at both of us and looked at his watch,"Abbey  take some rest..we're taking leave now.."Randhir said and signalled me to get up.

"How is Grandpa brother..?"Abbey asked with concern .He had the fear that Grandpa would be in tension and he was the reason .

"I will come with him in the evening.."came his brief reply with a small smile and he dashed out of the room.

I stood up adjusting my overcoat and scarf and gave him another hug .

"Take care.."I reminded him and turned .

"Sanyukta.."his voice stopped me.I looked at him questioningly.

"Stop Randhir from committing any blunder .I know his hands are etching to grab the culprit's neck and squeeze him until his bones would break into bits .."he said in serious tone.

His words were not just his mere assumption but partially true because as far as I knew my husband he was searching the evil witch by all his possible resources .

When I came out of the room ,I didn't find Randhir anywhere in the corridor or adjacent rooms since it was private area of the hospital where only few people were allowed to enter along with the doctors and nurses.

I approached Andy who was reading a newspaper on the sofa in waiting launge.

"Andy do you know where is Randhir he came out a couple of moment before me but I he isn't around .. I have searched him in every possible place.."I said.

"I saw him talking over the phone and then stormed out of the hospital.I think it was an emergency.."she told me and Abbey's words rang into my ears.

I should stop him before he may take any drastic step which will ruin our future .

Thinking all this I quickly ran out of the building and called one of the driver to pick me in the way but I had not the slightest idea where should I search him.It was still an unfamiliar place for me to roam around without a particular destination .

Walking rapidly on the crowded main Street ,my eyes scanned the every corner of the city .After ten or fifteen minutes our driver stopped the car in front of me and opened the door .

"Ma'am where shall I take you?"he asked me .

"Do you have any idea where has Randhir gone or where may we find him..or he had told you something..?"I shoot question after question at him.

He nodded his head in agreement and drove the car in the direction of the southwards of the city .That area completely located in the hilly physiotherapy and less human habitation is found there.

"Are you sure he went in the woods "I asked the driver.

"Yes Ma'am he told me before leaving and forbade me to tell you anything.."he said .

"Why..?"I was shocked .

In these few months he didn't hide anything from me .A part of me was alarming me of a upcoming storm.

***********************************
After a long time I know but I was waiting for the good response which never came.😢

Still I am posting this story because I need to finish it without one and a half month.

Keep voting keep supporting.

But next only after 275.

~~Trishla Singh😊😊😊