C H A P T E R - 24

Sanyukta

Sanyukta...

I flipped the pages of the books I was reading trying my level best to concentrate on the content but it was absurd because my mind was drifted to our conversation we had our way to university.

Surprising.. isn't it..?

But it's true.Well I was quite most of the time .He kept asking about my studies and advised me on certain topics on which I have a loose grip.

His eyes were shining in the mid sun as he was driving himself.I found it weird but I couldn't interrogate him as our relation isn't even sprouting.

He was speaking very softly to me.I wondered if someone had given him
a kind of potion.His captivating eyes smouldered whenever he glanced at me.Those deep eyes were scanning me instinctively.

I had never been this nervous.

But the most intensive shock showed me the stars under the sun  he kissed the side of my hair when I was stepping out of his personal black Lamborghini.Ohh..freak how could I forget..?He didn't ask the chauffeur to drive because he never wanted to!

"Jesus..he will drive me crazy.."I groaned putting my glasses off and leaned on the chair to relax my throbbing brain muscles .

"Why...?"I questioned myself massaging my temple with my fingers ."His presence shouldn't affect me..I know he won't be this generous and nice for a longer term and at the end I foolishly find myself mourning for my broken heart .."

Before my subconscious mind would brood over predictive future a soft knock on my door drew me back in the real world.

I glanced at the watch . There was still time for dinner.I thought one of the cook came to ask my choice for the dinner . I lazily dragged my tired body to open the door.

But my lungs ditched to release the air when my eyes landed on the person whom I couldn't imagine would ever stand at my door step.

"Mr. Shekhawat..."I gasped stupidily .

There Randhir was standing in his office suit that he wore in the morning .It means he directly came here but my eyes zeroed on his curved lips.

He was smiling!

But why and what made him to come to see his unwanted wife.

"May I come in..?"he humbly said.

Thus I came back into my senses.I was too busy to assume the motive behind his sudden arrival at my room.I cursed myself how I forgot my basic manners to greet someone.

"Ohh sorry..please come.."I gave him space to enter inside.In response he just gave me a 'no problem' look and stepped inside.

I was standing behind him dumbfounded .His eyes were scanning every inch of the room.I felt self conscious what if he thought that being a  middle class girl I couldn't adjust myself to his rich living style.