C H A P T E R - 14

Sanyukta...

Soon I was standing before the priest with my soon to be husband beside me.Ironically it was the biggest day of my life when I was going to marry one of the haughty bachelors ,who was a dream life partner for the millions of girls but I was feeling suffocated in the veil .

The priest starting the marriage vows but his words were not leaving their marks on my heart.All that I could sense his piercing gaze on me .One thing was sure that he was marrying me under some kind of emotional pressure led by his grandfather for whom I had seen immense amount of respect and love in his beautiful chocolaty orbs.

Chocolaty eyes,I observed it the very first time I saw him.

He was marrying me for the sake of his grandfather's wish and there is not going to be any sort of love or mutual respect at least from his side.I am not fit in his class .

My eyes were adoring the black marbled floor imagining the consequences this marriage will bring for me and they are not going to be easy for me to tackle but I need to
face them when I myself chose
this decision.

My trance had been broken by the priest's next sentence which literally sucked the air from my lungs.

"Now you may kiss the bride.."

My heart stopped beating for a nano second .I was going to be kissed by my husband.Husband...this word was enough to churn my stomach.How beautiful is to be called as someone's wife.

I was not kissed by someone before now I will share my first special kiss with my arranged yet forced husband.
I ever wished a kiss portrayed in romantic novels or movies but I forgot that it only happens in the fictions .This is the harsh reality of life that I have to accept.

By then I turned my gaze to my husband slowly yet timidly I tried to read his expressions .For the first time I noticed his beautiful facial features.He had perfect carved nose ,a broad forehead and thin yet inviting lips.

I already started imagining wild
about him.

I shook my dirty thoughts aside and travelled my eyes north to his face.His eyes ...I found them the most amazing once one can ever have .His hairs are black and thick like forest perfectly jelled giving him a stunning look.

Now I understood why he is successful in swooning women
for him but he didn't marry one of them .He got married to clumsy girl like me who look like a chipmunk in front of the Greek God of
masculine grace.

Suddenly I saw him leaning towards me.I could see his eyes blazing lava that if is was possible,would burn
me right down there.I shivered under his dangerous eyes.

He was going to kiss me.

For a moment I thought that I misjudged him .May be he is not that much ruthless but next second my oblivious land when he just touched his lips merely on mine.It was just a contact of two sets lips.

Tears rolled down from my eyes thinking about my cruel fate.How I will survive in the marriage which didn't have its soul called love in it but plagued by the hatred and loathe.

The hall echoed with enduring applaud for us to mark the beginning of our married life.We stood there like a happy newly wedded couple to show his world that finally witnessed their Prince engaged for the rest
of the life.