Sacrifice -8-

I am speechless. I don’t think I’ve ever felt this much joy. I nod, “Yes, I will. Even though I can’t exactly say no. I will marry you, Aaron.” 

He places the extravagant ring on my finger. Our lips collide again, but this time he is not as gentle with me and I am fine with it. His hands tangle in my long, dark hair and I keep my hands wrapped around him - keeping him pressed close to me. 

“That actually what Charlie and I went out to get. Elena helped us find out what you like. Anna had came with us too, but she got distracted all of the jewelry in the store,” Aaron admits. 

“Everyone knew, but me?” 

“Well... I suppose so, but I want you to know, Anastasia, that you aren’t ruining my life.” 

“How did you-” 

“You think too loud,” He says mocking me from the first time I heard his thoughts and accused him of thinking too loud. 

“Hey!” I pout. 

“You are truly adorable, I’m hoping you are going to stop hiding or it will be a very difficult time planning our wedding.” 

I look at his face and I can tell he is being serious, “Is there a set date?” 

“The council men have decided that a month from now we are getting married,” He answers simply. “Now because we have no privacy we better go join the others because Skyler is impatiently standing in front of the closed door waiting for us, with her thoughts racing a mile a minute.”

“Come on, love birds,” Skyler pops her head in my door. “We only have a month to plan the wedding. Or else we will have some angry council men knocking on our door again.” 

First, we had to decide on the dresses. Countless hours are spent flipping through fashion magazines. They slowly blur together into one uniform dress - ruffles, laces, knots, and bows. It was on the second day of going through magazines that I found a dress that I actually liked. It was more of an eggshell color and the bottom was puffed out like a fairy tale dress. There was beaded lace on the skirt of the dress as well. The top was simple, but the sleeves were like an 1800s styled dress with the puff that didn’t cling to my skin. It was the most unique dress I had seen and instantly feel in love with it. 

We ordered it right away and moved on to finding the bridesmaid dresses. Aaron and I decided purple and green would be the color scheme for out wedding since they were both our favorite colors. In a catalog we found adorable bridesmaid dresses that were a dark blue purple with a lavender sash. I could picture Anna, as the flower girl, in the dress and ordered  four - Elena, Makenna, Skyler and Anna. 

Makeena and Vincent explained before we started to plan anything else that I might not know most of the guests. The council men had to come as custom and since the Mason family was royalty a lot of paparazzi and curious higher status werewolves were coming. My parents were coming, of course, but they were probably going to be the only humans. 

The next week we decided on floral arrangements, location - which would be the castle parlor - and music. 

“You guys should have death metal,” Skyler suggests. 

“Um... how about no?” Aaron rolls his eyes. 

“What about Bad Romance?” 

“No Lady Gaga,” I shake my head. 

“‘Having my Baby’ by Paul Anka?” Elena suggests.

“I’m not pregnant,” I give my sister a startled look.