Fresh Meat 🥩🥓

Lark's Point Of View.

I take a deep breath flipping the pregnancy test over dressed in an oversized grey FTP sweater, grey joggers and white ankle socks, my hair is thrown up into a bun, with my palms both shaking and sweaty I bring the test to eye level so I could get a good look at it. Negative. I take a deep breath, thanking God, with everything that's been going on with Tyree getting shot, Brandon joining the gang or pretending to be a banger it would be too much for me right now to have a baby.

I grab the test and the box that it came in, taking it to my room and stuffing it into the trash as the door bell goes off.

"Coming!" I call making my way down the stairs in my empty, quiet home. I open the door and standing there is Chloe with two guys behind her, one has bleach blonde hair, which is probably naturally that colour that touches his shoulders, he stares down at me with his piercing blue eyes, the other guy has dark brown hair that is also quite long, he has big brown eyes and both of them have tattoos.

"Hey"

"What's up girl? I thought we would come by and brighten your day" Chloe tells me, entering the room, so I move to the side allowing the guys in, who follow her into the living room.

Brandon's Point Of View.

"There's no way in hell, Lark is gonna take you back" Jamal states as we stroll towards the basketball court.

"Wow. Thanks"

"I'm just being real, Tyree got shot and she fucking loves her little brothers to death"

"I didn't mean for him to get hit though" I answers, giving him the ball, which he dunks.

"Yeah tell that to Lark"

"I keep fucking up, I don't understand. It's like one day we're good and the next we ain't" I confirm as he chucks the ball over to me. I attempt to shoot but the ball hits the rim and bounces back towards us.

"Listen, just give her some time, work on you and maybe she'll give you another chance"

"I hope your right"

"I'm always right" he answers.

I nod, shooting again and this time it gets into the hoop.

Lark's Point Of View.

Listen to Blueface- Bleed

On the sofa across me, Chloe and I guess her boyfriend, Alex who is the blond guy make out while Dylan, the other kid I guess she brought to keep me entertained is sitting beside me on the two seater, smoking a blunt.

Dylan removes the blunt from his lips before handing it over to me.

"I heard about your brother, sorry to hear that"

"Thanks" I comment, taking a pull from the blunt and blowing the smoke into the air.

"Your welcome"

"How old are you again?"

"20...why?"

I shrug, taking another pull from the blunt, turning back to Alex and Chloe.

"You wanna get some drinks?"

I nod, giving him the blunt back, he puts it back into his mouth standing up as I do the same. "Ay, we're just gonna get something to drink" I tell Chloe and Alex who ignore me, so we decide to leave anyways.

We begin strolling down the road, the shop is a few blocks away from mine, but if we cut through the basketball court it would be a lot quicker. It's silent. I mean, shit we just met.