Sixteen

Marina's POV:

We made it back to his house after dropping the bike back off and it was time to dye my hair. I smiled as he took me up the stairs, completely ignoring his parents greetings as his brothers yelled at the tv. He took me to the bathroom down the hall and sat me down on the edge of the tub. "Okay, just sit back and I'll figure all of this out." He said while smiling. He seemed much happier than he did before which made me happy.

Several minutes later, it was finally time to rinse all of the dye out but suddenly Sicheng grew worried. "Um, you might need to get in the tub completely." He said. I raised an eyebrow and got in before he explained himself. "Well when I go to rinse this out, won't you turn because of the water?" He said, making me realize he was completely right.

"Oh yeah, damn, for a moment I forgot that I'm not human. I just feel so normal around you." I said, looking up at him as he grabbed the thing to wash my hair. "I'll take that as a compliment." He said, smiling. "You should." I said, smiling back as he went to rinsing my hair out, the water turning black all around me. Within a minute, I found my legs turning into a tail. "Alright, I think it's all out." He said, pulling me out of the tub and putting a towel on my tail before he began brushing my hair.

"Uh oh..." he said suddenly, making me worried as he stopped. "What's wrong?" I said, trying to look at him. "Your hair...it's turning back to blue." He said. "Damn it." I sighed, realizing that I can't hide my hair color and now I would still be super obvious. "It's okay, we'll just have to be super careful going out." He said, patting me on the shoulder as he stood up. My tail turned into legs shortly after.

I stood up sadly, letting Sicheng lead me back to the room, catching a glance at my blue hair in the mirror, looking exactly the same as it had before. He sighed as we walked into his room, sitting on the bed and trying to figure out what to do. He got up and went across the room, turning on some sort of box and sounds started coming out of it, scaring me. "What is this?" I said confused as I stood up and walked over to him while he started to dance.

"This is music, you don't know what music is?" He said shocked. "I don't know much about it but since when do you dance?" I said, trying to mimic his moves. "I've been dancing since I was younger and have taken several courses over it, I want to be a professional dancer someday." He said, sming lightly. "I think you'd be a damn good one." I said as he grabbed my hand, beginning to dance with me. "Well thank you." He said but I could tell he was secretly denying it.

I laughed as he tried to teach me how to dance to the music while I failed repeatedly, accidentally stepping on his feet a few times. "I suck at this." I laughed as we slowed down. "It's okay, it takes years of practice to get really good at it but you're doing pretty good for your first time." He said, making me feel a bit better about myself. "But I've stepped on your feet several times." I said sadly. "You're still not doing bad, don't worry." He said.

Suddenly I surprised him as I hugged him, making him lose track of what he was talking about. "What is this for?" He said as he rested his head on my shoulder. "You're really sweet Sicheng." I said as I hugged him tighter. Suddenly a voice made me jump back as the door opened. "Hey Sicheng...oh did I interupt something?" It was Kun. I greeted him and walked to the other side of the room, letting Sicheng know that it was fine for them to talk.

"Hey, why are you here?" Sicheng said as he closed the door. "Some guy was asking me about you and Marina, said he saw you both at the store today and I overheard him asking around so I said I knew you. Never seen the guy before." He said as he scratched his head. "Kun who was it?" He said worriedly. "His name was Taeyong or something? He looked Korean to me. I swear I've never seen the guy before but he sure seemed to know your girlfriend a lot-" he said before Sicheng cut him off.

"Kun you didn't tell him where I live right?" He said, the worry on his voice growing thicker. "No I didn't why? Who is this guy anyways?" He said curiously. "He is an old friend of mine, kind of trying to avoid him." I lied, making the two of them look at me as I spoke up. "Oh, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have told him anything, I wouldn't have if I had known." He frowned. "It's okay, you didn't know, I can handle it from here." I said.

Sicheng looked at me for a moment with worry before turning back to Kun. "Anyways I was just walking by so I figured I would tell you." He said as he walked towards the door to leave. "Wait Kun...can you not mention my girlfriend to my parents? They kind of don't know about her yet." Sicheng lied. "Oh, I got you." Kun said, patting Sicheng on the shoulder. "Alright, see you around bud, see you Marina, nice talking to you again." He said, looking at me for a moment as I waved goodbye before he left.

"God what are we going to do? Taeyong is onto us. We should be more careful going out." He scratched his head nervously as he threw himself down on the bed. "I don't know Sicheng. I don't know." I sighed as I crawled into the bed beside him, wondering what the plan would be now.

Hey guys, trying to hurry up and wrap this book up as soon as possible because I am running low on ideas for it but hope you are enjoying it, thanks for reading! Feel free to check out my new book Love is blind!

~-winney-