One

It was a hot summer day as usual in Wenzhou China, it was turning out to be the hottest summer in the past century or so. While most people got to sit in the air conditioning all day, one boy happened to be unlucky, his parents were forcing him to go out and "enjoy nature".

This boy was not like other boy's his age, he didn't go out and socialize much at all, mostly because he didn't really have friends, he had one and that was about it. This boy's name was Dong Sicheng, the boy that was kind of an outcast at his school and in the community as a whole. He was fortunate enough though to have one good friend, his best friend since as long as he could remember, Qian Kun.

But while the boy got ready, slipping into some shorts and a tshirt and throwing on some sandals, he became lost into his thoughts, yet to find out what the future had in store for him.

Sicheng's POV:

I sighed as I began to leave my room in a hurry since my parents kept yelling at me to hurry up and go hang out somewhere else. I had tried texting Kun to come hang out with me at the docks like we usually did when we were both forced by our parents to go outside for once. But this time, he cancelled on me because he was sick and his girlfriend was coming over to take care of him. Lately he had been so obsessed with her that he had been ditching me which sucked cause he happened to be my only friend in this whole town.

"Dong Sicheng! Get down here or we will make you babysit your little brothers!!" I heard my mom yell, making me try to shove my phone back in my pocket and run out the door and down the stairs quickly, not wanting to deal with those little monsters. Renjun and Chenle were truly the two craziest kids I have ever had to put up with.

"Yes mom, I'm here" I said as I tried to catch my breathe from where I had ran down the stairs. "Alright now go out and have fun, get out of this house for a while, make some friends!!!" My dad said as he patted me on the shoulder before walking out of the room and into the kitchen. Mom shook her head in agreement before walking away too, leaving me to head towards the door.

I walked out quickly as I heard Renjun and Chenle's voices becoming evidently louder and more obnoxious which wasn't really new to me. I looked around at the houses in my neighborhood and the sidewalk that I began to walk down to go to the docks, the heat suddenly hitting me in the face and already making me want to go back inside.

But I knew I couldn't so I kept on walking faster and faster. Usually the docks were a bit cooler since part of it was in the shade and of course, it was near the water. The water that flowed in through the sea and had a fishy smell but was oddly comforting as the breezes mixed with the water drops would splash on your face as you looked out at the boats and the waves coming in.

As I saw the docks up ahead, I heard a familiar voice and laughter come from one of the nearby restaraunts. So naturally I decided to peek over and see what was going on, curiosity getting the best of me as always. But sudden regret washed over me as I saw my friend Kun hanging out with his girlfriend. He had told me he was sick so they were going to stay in for the day, I guess he was a liar just like everyone else. No one ever seems to want to spend time with me, what was wrong with me?

It was that thought that sent me running towards the docks, fighting tears in my eyes. Finally the docks came into view as there surprisingly weren't any boats around, so I decided to walk down a little dock that most people never used cause it was off to itself and kind of hard to get to. I felt the breeze on my face as I walked down the little dock, enjoying the mixture of the sea air with the sun on my face. The quiet was the most relaxing however, it just makes everything just go away for a moment, like nothing is real.

But it doesn't last long until your sad reality come back in to play. I frowned as I sat down at the end of the dock and let my feet dangle above the water, sandals grazing it slightly. I decided to check my phone to see what time it was or how long I should stay out here but as I felt my pocket, my heart sank. I didn't feel anything but the pocket itself. As I began to panic, the thought hit me, when my mom had yelled for me to come downstairs, I panicked and tried to put my phone in my pocket, I guess I had dropped it on accident.