Twelve

Marina's POV:

As he continued to talk to Kun about who knows what while they walked down the pier, I noticed that they slowly started to leave me behind a bit. It was as if they forgot I was even there. I rolled my eyes and walked quickly to try to catch up to them. But while I got closer, I figured I should come up with some way to get back at Sicheng for basically blowing me off back there and leaving with Kun. I thought for a moment before an idea came to my mind. I smiled to myself and walked even faster towards the two boys.

"Hey Sicheng!" I yelled, making the both of them stop and turn around, remembering that I was there too. "You left me back there." I said as I edged closer. Before Sicheng could apologize, I walked ever so closer to him and spoke one more time but lightly. "You owe me this." With that, I grabbed the collar of his shirt with both hands and pulled him closer to me, kissing him deeply on the lips, not caring what he had to say about it afterwards. He had no choice but to kiss me back, to hide that fact that we weren't dating for real from Kun. He put his hands on my waist as he seemingly sunk into the kiss, his eyes fluttering shut as did mine.

I could feel Kun's awkwardness washing over us and was about to let Sicheng go before I heard a familiar voice. "Get a room." I heard a girl's voice. I looked over to see the same bitchy girl I had met before, Kun's girlfriend. Sicheng pushed me away lightly, wiping off his lips. I frowned and crossed my arms as he looked over to greet the girl who was now all over Kun. "Babe, I thought you were busy." He said, smiling at her. "I can always make time for you." She said, kissing him. I gagged a bit but tried to hide it, making Sicheng laugh.

"Hey guys, I need to take a minute to talk to Marina alone then maybe we can all hang out?" Sicheng said. "Sure, sounds good." Kun said, smiling and getting lost talking to his girlfriend once again. I felt Sicheng's grip on my arm as he pulled me aside. "What is it my lovely boyfriend?" I fluttered my eyes at him lovingly as a joke. "Why did you kiss me again?" He said, embarrassed. "Why you didn't like it?" I said. "No, it isn't tha- you know what, let's just not do it again okay? I thought we were just going to remain casual, so that means no more kissing me." He said sternly. He turned to walk back away to the other couple but I stopped him.

"Then no more leaving me behind." I said. He turned to look at me as I put my hand on his arm. "Deal" he said. He let me loop my arm with his to make our relationship seem more legit as we walked back over to the other two. I know this was all fake but why did part of me really enjoy those kisses and feel this pain in my heart when he told me he didn't want to kiss me anymore. I shook it off and tried to think on the more positive things. I was far away from home, I wouldn't have to be forced into marrying some guy I didn't know, and I found this really cute human to be my friend.

I realized how stupid I was, acting out like this and being so flirty with him. I guess just part of me thought of him as my savior as well, taking me in like he did, kind of reminded me of the stories I heard as a kid, I felt like that damsel in distress saved by a prince, Sicheng being the prince of course, his handsome stature making it even more true. I shook my mind off of these thoughts, realizing we were heading off to wherever we were going to hang out next. I imagines we'd go to eat or something but to my surprise, the two ahead of us took a turn..to the beach. I became nervous, knowing I couldn't get in the water if that was the idea.

I looked to Sicheng who seemed to already know I was going to panic as he grabbed my hand, comforting me. "Don't worry, I'll make sure they don't make you get in." He whispered. "Thank you." I said, leaning my head onto his shoulder and sighing deeply. I looked over to see Kun's girlfriend acting wild, she began dancing with him and slowly took her clothes off down to her underwear and bra, making me wonder what in the world was wrong with her. She got into the water, gesturing for Kun to follow her. He smiled and took his shirt off, jumping in beside her.

They began splashing each other and I had to admit, it did look fun. I wished I could do that with Sicheng but I knew there was no way. "Are you two just gonna stand there or what?!" I heard her yell. I looked to Sicheng and awaited his protection. "Not today, I don't feel the greatest!" Sicheng lied. "How about your girlfriend?" She said. "Uh..she's uh..on her period." He blurted out. The girl laughed and Kun became awkward as they went back to swimming with each other while I wondering what the hell was so funny. "What does that mean?" I said. He looked over at me awkwardly. "It means uh..it's something that..you know what, I'll just explain it later okay?" He said, awkwardly smiling and turning back to the ocean. "How about we take a walk along the beach while we wait for them? Just you and me." He suggested. Without hesitation I nodded and smiled, following him through the sand as the sun beamed down on us.

Hey guys, sorry it took so long to update, hope you liked this chapter. Thanks for reading! What did you think?

~-winney-