"Don't think of me as the Kazekage, think of me as a friend," he told me, raising his hands and calling the sand to him.

"You should probably know that I'm not too good with my jutsu so don't get disappointed when I stall," I announced awkwardly before jumping back as sand came swirling towards me.

"Don't talk, just fight," he tells me with a firm voice. He was serious, "Let your body react. Don't think. Don't talk. Just let your reflexes speak for you."

Damn Gaara, didn't know you were Master Miyagi or what's his face. The turtle from Kung Fu Panda, Master Oogway.

Alright, time to test out whether all the jutsu I designed for my oc are actually a thing and if not, it's time to test what jutsu I remember.

"Root Snare Jutsu!" I shouted as I finished doing my hand signs. The ground shook violently as four large roots grabbed Gaara and caged him up.

Don't keep him in too long or the beast within will take over.

"Impressive," his voice appeared behind me, I jumped and turned to see him hanging upside down on a cloud of sand. It turned him upright and placed him on the ground.

"Now that's just cheating—" I huffed as I tapped the roots and watched as they moved away to reveal a pile of sand crumbling to the floor.

"Sand clone..." I mumbled while mentally kicking myself, how did I think he wasn't going to do that? That's like Gaara 101. Sand clone is one of his most obvious moves. Just like Kankuro and his puppet twin. I'm an idiot.

"Do have any more tree tricks?" he asked, I nodded.

"Show me them," he gave me a smile. Whoa, a smile???? A sincere smile... From Gaara? I won't lie, I think my heart fluttered a bit just now. Damn.

"Sure," I replied returning his smile with my own.

"Steal Whip Jutsu," I said as I finished doing a really long hand sign (that is not efficient in any way, can I change it? Nah. Doubt it) and threw my hands up, a really long line of sharp green metallic leaves appeared in both of my hands. I swung them around and he created a target of sandstone.

Swinging the two leaf whips around, I watched as the sliced effortlessly through the sand. We watched as it satisfyingly split into four and crumbled back into the ground below.

"You're pretty strong," he nodded his head in approval, "you deserve to be a jounin."

Oh.

I smiled.

That's so nice to hear. Although, dude, I don't think I am.

°🥀°

We trained for a while confirming that all the jutsu I'd created myself in the real world was a thing here. Though some of them seemed to have a bad back lash.

¬ Vine Ensnarement Jutsu - a group of large, thick and impenetrable vines that group together and catch the enemy in an inescapable trap – suffocation as proven by Kankuro (sorry, Kankuro).

¬ Leaf Whisper Jutsu - allows me to hear everything the plants can - temporary deafness in my own body until I release it. Not ideal.

¬ Root Snare Jutsu - roots shoot out of the ground and capture the opponent from their ankles up - can be squashed to death, could probably also catch me if I'm not careful. So let's just be careful.

¬ Steal Whip Jutsu - two long whips of multiple metallic sharp leaves - slice through anything, doesn't affect me unless I, you know, accidentally smack myself with them which isn't totally off the table knowing how clumsy I am.

¬ Natural Surveillance Jutsu - allows me to see everything around the plants no matter the distance - temporary blindness in my own body until I release it. Again, not ideal.

¬ Plant Army Jutsu - dozens of mini plants pop out the ground - takes up a lot of energy (it's more like a spy tactic), combining them into one big one is Plant Guardian.

¬ Liana Clone Jutsu - clones of myself created out of liana vines - act like shadow clones so the more there are, the more energy I lose which is not great because I have no idea what my limit is when it comes to chakra.

¬ Plant Phasing Jutsu - allows me to sink into any plant I want and transport myself around without being noticed - if I'm low in energy I could get stuck until I'm strong enough to leave again which sounds like an actual nightmare so I'm going to avoid that scenario best I can.

¬ Tree Tracking - inescapable tracking technique for as long as a sticky plant seed is still on the person I'm tracking. I'm able to find whoever I want without issue – just have to figure out a way to get these seeds onto the targets without being noticed.

¬ Tracking tools - things I can make out of plants, they help people to follow my trail if I want them to, I can also find anyone who carries one of these tools - depletes my energy to make these tools, they can be quite difficult to make sometimes, I made a kunai and felt like I needed a five year coma after so I'm going to be sparsely using that one.

"You've impressed me, come, I'll treat you to lunch," Gaara says before turning and grabbing his clothes again and walking back in the village, myself close in tow.

Deidara and Sasori will be here soon enough.

I can feel the sand shifting.

Does it know too?

"You know this could mean you're my sensei," I teased, he just looked at me with a strange expression.

"No thanks. I've been on the sensei wagon before. It's not my thing," he replied shaking his head. I just laughed at him but gave him a confused look. When was he a sensei?

°🥀°

A/n(2023): from now on until I've finished updating the chapters completely, I'm going to add a little jutsu thing at the beginning of every chapter involving jutsu that I've changed in the edited chapters just so you guys can move between new and old chapters with relative ease (at least I hope so)

Old (left) – New (right) - they're still pretty cringe but they're better than they were lmao
¬ Vine Cage (landscape jutsu) = Vine Ensnarement Jutsu
¬ Natural Hearing (tree dance) = Leaf Whisper Jutsu
¬ Root Grab (landscape jutsu) = Root Snare Jutsu
¬ Sharp Leaves (tree dance) = Steal Whip Jutsu
¬ Natural Sight (tree dance) = Natural Surveillance Jutsu
¬ Plant army (tree dance) = Plant Army Jutsu
¬ Liana clones (tree dance) = Liana Clone Jutsu
¬ Shallow plant (landscape jutsu) = Plant Phasing Jutsu
¬ Tree tracking (landscape jutsu) = Tree Tracking
¬ Tracking tools = Tracking tools